Absolute Zero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galaxy Master Zhad View Post
    I pop in here from time to time, mostly when I remember to do so. I recall reading somewhere, not sure if it was cannon or not, that some surviving Nova lived out around Pluto basically tracking down or keeping out Aberrants. To me that seems like a very lonely job and something unlikely for the same batch of Nova to do for almost a hundred years. However they might just be inhuman enough to not be bothered by the abyss of time such a task might take. I think they got alot busier in the last few decades though.
    I think we're in agreement that anything living in the isolation past the closest planets or further is likely to be inhuman in mentality if not also physiology. Post-humans, Aberrants, remnants of previous inspired endeavours and scientific anomalies that are otherwise unremakable in play, like Sedna, maybe an inconsequentially small fold in space if you plan on making them naturally abundant. Some low key technical Star-trek kind of encounters for groups who like that kind of thing.
    Those voyaging through this space at speeds obeying the physics of light are on very long hauls indeed and may not even be conscious when they enter the kuiper region and beyond. Routine stop stations like Absolute Zero itself are wasted in that space, and unless Sedna is made of precious metals common in the deepest solar space, then there isn't much reason for anyone to head out there as a destination, except to hide.
    I think the space Remnants may mostly be operating rogue prior to Process 418 in Venezuela, having used the sanctuary of Nippon during the crash to develop safe avenues for egress into other ventures. I ran a game for aberrants (again) on earth in 2120 essentially dealing with the internal workings of the remnants - how they optimally run without any visible evidence and how tainted members have made this difficult at times. Eventually, most elder, tainted aberrants are lost to remnant authority - like Rushing Mountain around Beta Canuum Venaticorum in AE: Deception, some of these creatures are much too socially entrenched to be safely exiled after so long and in my mind, young stealth-novas were going to be the key to Aeon (and the world) finally bringing these rogues to justice - remnant style.
    But, that's just one possible story depiction of the Nihonjin remnants.
    -shrug-

Frontier space adventure has its own glorious appeal, you can really pull off the Wild West type space opera in the frontier I proposed. Something I know appeals to alot of people, even though I am more a Battlestar Galactica rather then Serenity man myself.
    You could've fooled me with the campaign you outlined above.
    -smile-
    I'm partial to book sci-fi, but i watch anything i can find in the genre. As someone who prefers a robin hood over a king arthur, i may be a Serenity man - if such definitions must apply.
    -smile-

Originally posted by lncbill View Post
    Asia Ascendant. The unreleased Asia and Telepathy source book. These Novas disappeared allowing the Colony to begin their nefarious plan to conquer Earth.
    I think the remnants had as much reason to oppose the Colony as any other native earthling - although some turncoats from the Remnant might have been inevitable - the remaining earthling Stealth-Novas were far too cautious to get involved in silver-age idealism in my reading. They are survivors, pacifists and oath-keepers for the most part - dutifully tending to anti-aberrant information technology (wazukana) and doing what they can to simplify the manufacture of aberrant era-technologies (Banji/Bakehatsu). Sure there are arseholes among them, but motivations towards a world dominion are not realistic from their position without a great deal of collateral damage to their only terrestrial sanctuary.
    Not every aberrant goes insane - once the war is in the past new novas are also raised in the wake of that warning and tend to be a lot more conservative and aware in their approach to tainted power. IF they manage to survive, that is.

Comment

There is a book that talks about the Colony?

Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist. --Academician Prokhor Zakharov

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxy Master Zhad View Post
        There is a book that talks about the Colony?
        No. Apologies if i gave that impression - this was just my own unofficial take on Colony/Remnant dynamics...

Comment

Working...
        X