[Codename: Sardonyx] - Teasers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wolfgar View Post
    I have yet to find a good solution as far as PDF for table-use is concerned. Mostly I'm just looking forward to getting to see the new rule sand pick everything to pieces.
    I've found the all-too-easy distraction provided by laptops, tablets and phones at the gaming table is way more trouble than they're worth. I like digital copies for between-session reading and if I ever have to do online gaming (bleh), but at the table a physical book or two is enough for me.

Now put your damn phone away / get off my lawn, young 'uns!

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
    H.S.U.

Comment

• Back in my day we had Mage arguments just to keep the children warm!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgar View Post
        Back in my day we had Mage arguments just to keep the children warm!
        ....... children now all grown up, same Mage arguments still going, by any chance?

H.S.U.

Comment

• Don't know. We all had to run out when the house caught fire and the earth around it turned to molten slag and sunk below the crust, but the pit appears to still be giving off enough heat for Brucato to dance around it naked with no visible signs of shrinkage.

Comment

• After rereading the teasers, I think I have a handle on the damage system. There's a Survival Trick that says you only get 'Taken Out' if your attacker scores 7 successes, leading me to believe that it normally takes 5 or 6 successes. For fewer successes you can inflict Impairment or Bleeding conditions (mentioned under Medicine), which weaken an enemy (maybe Impairments add difficulty, not sure what Bleeding would do mechanically). Eventually, you soften up your enemy enough to take them out. I'm guessing different weapons can inflict different conditions (blades and guns cause Bleeding, bludgeons might stun or cripple limbs). Cool

Comment

• If you want to see existing game systems that use Condition-based damage systems, check out “Mutants and Masterminds” and “Fate”. Though note that both effectively hide a damage track of sorts underneath, as they limit how many of each kind of impairment you're allowed to have before you're forced to escalate.

Comment

• Somewhat unrelated question - how many pages have all the compiled teasers so far? Is there any place where one may get them together?

Comment

• There is a link in Chill's signature that will take you to the compiled spoiler list.

Comment

• Originally posted by karpomatic View Post
                    There is a link in Chill's signature that will take you to the compiled spoiler list.
                    Oh, that - it's nice but more of a list of commentaries and possible setting spoilers on the part of the Devs.

I was thinking more of a file with all the sketchy mechanics info we got so far from the public teasers together in one place, actually.
                    A partial rough draft of sorts, so to speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                      I was thinking more of a file with all the sketchy mechanics info we got so far from the public teasers together in one place, actually.
                      A partial rough draft of sorts, so to speak.
                      There's only been a couple teasers, so I don't think there's been a need to collate yet. Of course, there's nothing stopping anyone collating them and dumping them in a Google Doc or something.

H.S.U.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHILL View Post

There's only been a couple teasers, so I don't think there's been a need to collate yet. Of course, there's nothing stopping anyone collating them and dumping them in a Google Doc or something.
                        Last i checked, you get about 50 pages if you collate the 3 public teasers together. Still smallish, but getting interesting i guess.

Comment

Working...
                        X