GenCon Trinity Panel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zorb42 View Post
    Okay, then Where will be advice to play Abberant in Aeon setting?
    Aeon-era nova PCs will probably be detailed in an Aeon book, once Aberrant has come out and established the mechanics.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager
    Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
      Aeon-era nova PCs will probably be detailed in an Aeon book, once Aberrant has come out and established the mechanics.
      Obviously Ian's been clear to tell us before that plenty of stuff hasn't been decided yet so I take this as 'here's a way we may do that' not 'this is exactly what we're going to do'. Having said that, couple of thoughts on the thread.

Storypath: I like. The 'story' part is obvious, and I took 'path' to be 'Onyx Path'. I could see how Pathfinder may come to mind, and depending on your point of view that could be a bad or good thing (I doubt OPP are trying to use Pathfinder's arguably mess of a line as inspiration for a production plan). But yeah, Storypath is much better than Sardonyx for me.

Aeon-era Nova PCs: Seeing this possibly in its own book is a great idea. No, seriously, I mean it, stop laughing! Players & GM's who want to bring Novas into Aeon can get the kind of support that will need. And I can readily ignore it without much effort. Perfect. Love it.

Taking that idea further, I'd like to see this kind of 'crossover' sourcebook for other things through the Continuum. An Aberrant era book introducing Psions or an Adventure! era book introducing some weird alien race from the Aeon period, for example. Take popular elements for specific game time periods and introduce a book (mini or full, depends on subject I guess) facilitating crossovers in other periods, and they can be used or entirely ignored. This would make my job easier as a GM. Any chance of this kind of thing Ian?
      Last edited by CHILL; 08-07-2015, 12:36 PM.

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
      H.S.U.

Comment

Originally posted by CHILL View Post
        Storypath: I like. The 'story' part is obvious, and I took 'path' to be 'Onyx Path'. I could see how Pathfinder may come to mind, and depending on you point of view that could be a bad or good thing ( doubt OPP are trying to use Pathfinder's arguably mess of a line as inspiration for a production plan) . But yeah, Storypath is much better than Sardonyx for me.
        There's actually a specific mechanic called Paths that detail your connections to various organizations, system topics, and how your Merits and Skills connect to the larger setting.

Neall Raemonn Price
        Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post
          There's actually a specific mechanic called Paths that detail your connections to various organizations, system topics, and how your Merits and Skills connect to the larger setting.
          Thanks for chiming in Neall.

Hrm. Have to see how that actually works. My (entirely) knee-jerk initial reaction based on no real information whatsoever is 'uh oh, that feels like it could be restrictive / unneeded'. I'll definitely have a read when (if) we get a teaser

H.S.U.

Comment

"Storypath" means a lot of things. Obviously there's homage to the Storyteller/ing System, plus the nod to Onyx Path itself, in addition to the Path mechanic within the system.

The name also has a pretty long history.

Aeon-era Nova PCs: Seeing this possibly in its own book is a great idea. No, seriously, I mean it, stop laughing! Players & GM's who want to bring Novas into Aeon can get the kind of support that will need. And I can readily ignore it without much effort. Perfect. Love it.

Taking that idea further, I'd like to see this kind of 'crossover' sourcebook for other things through the Continuum. An Aberrant era book introducing Psions or an Adventure! era book introducing some weird alien race from the Aeon period, for example. Take popular elements for specific game time periods and introduce a book (mini or full, depends on subject I guess) facilitating crossovers in other periods, and they can be used or entirely ignored. This would make my job easier as a GM. Any chance of this kind of thing Ian?
            I don't think there's really enough material for a "crossover sourcebook" to make it worthwhile, and most people wouldn't use the entire thing anyway. We'd be more likely to, for example, include Aeon-era novas in an Extrasolar Space supplement among the information on nova colonies. That's the situation that's most likely to give rise to nova PCs, so it's a natural fit. We'll see how the production schedule shapes up to see where it fits in best.

If all else fails, it shouldn't be a big problem to just use the nova rules from Aberrant. Novas a century later might have access to a few powers their predecessors don't, but otherwise I don't see that the systems would be markedly different.

Ian A. A. Watson
            Onyx Path Community Manager
            Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Comment

"Storypath" means a lot of things. Obviously there's homage to the Storyteller/ing System, plus the nod to Onyx Path itself, in addition to the Path mechanic within the system.

The name also has a pretty long history.
              Path of Intrigue huh - wow, that's going back a bit. I haven't seen that in a long while.

I don't think there's really enough material for a "crossover sourcebook" to make it worthwhile, and most people wouldn't use the entire thing anyway. We'd be more likely to, for example, include Aeon-era novas in an Extrasolar Space supplement among the information on nova colonies. That's the situation that's most likely to give rise to nova PCs, so it's a natural fit. We'll see how the production schedule shapes up to see where it fits in best.
              Ah, gotcha. Fair enough - I suspect I can simply ignore anything to do with Nova colonies in such an example, probably with less work than in the original TU actually. I know this is a hypothetical right now, subject to change and son on though.

If all else fails, it shouldn't be a big problem to just use the nova rules from Aberrant. Novas a century later might have access to a few powers their predecessors don't, but otherwise I don't see that the systems would be markedly different.
              Sure, I can see that. Obviously that all depends on how all the mechanics shake out, but its good you've got a range of options this time around. Thanks for the response

H.S.U.

Comment

I've been calling the game Aeon forever, because fuck Viacom. So there is no need to shift for me.

Comment

Thanks for the information, Gone and Ian. Now maybe the timeline flux caused by some posters can begin to stabilize...
                  -glowers accusingly at Neall and Wolfgar, narrowly avoiding the Joykiller 3000-
                  Yeah, man, after all the stuff Neil talked about in the alt timeline, I'm just super excited for the core. I mean we've got the COBRA expy and that one evil international corporation was pretty cool, basically Pentex done right, and that whole cannibal secret society... the whole thing really does just have the "Saturday morning action cartoon for grown-ups" thing happening.

>.>

<.<

I mean, too bad we don't remember any of that stuff.

Comment

So now that Gencon has come and gone... Any chance the previews will starting back up soon? Also, I dropped a line to Lone Wolf Productions about the Storypath system. They're the peeps that make Hero Lab and Realmworks. Hopefully you can all workout some support!

Comment

Originally posted by karpomatic View Post
                      So now that Gencon has come and gone... Any chance the previews will starting back up soon? Also, I dropped a line to Lone Wolf Productions about the Storypath system. They're the peeps that make Hero Lab and Realmworks. Hopefully you can all workout some support!
                      That'd be cool.

Yeah, previews will be starting soon.

Neall Raemonn Price
                      Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Here's the link to the thread I started at the LWD forums. A staff member, Liz, says she's open to talking about it with you.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53677

Comment

Life has been Hell without game previews.

Comment

Thanks for chiming in Neall.

Hrm. Have to see how that actually works. My (entirely) knee-jerk initial reaction based on no real information whatsoever is 'uh oh, that feels like it could be restrictive / unneeded'. I'll definitely have a read when (if) we get a teaser
                            Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but the concept makes me think of Weapons of the Gods' Honestly, Lores & Destinies. Now i'm curious to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                            X