If you want By Night Studios to release new LARP RULES for NWoD,
    like this post.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_62_1418088885567_853[/ATTACH]

Psychomorph = naturally occuring; Psion = triggered
    Psych = more versatile; Psion = focused
    Psych cannot have quantakinetics; Psions can
    other than that, no difference.

Comment

Note: “focused” means “more capable within your area of expertise”. The Trinity-style rules for psychomorphs (found in the Aberrant Player’s Guide) didn't let them go beyond three dots in any given Aptitude, IIRC.

I’d also note that teleportation is something that no psychomorph has a natural affinity for; it's not like they can't have it so much as it's that all psychomorphs have as much trouble with teleportation as telepaths or espers have developing psychokinesis or vice versa.

Put another way (and going by memory), psychomorphs come in three types, based on which pair of Aptitudes come naturally to them: sensory (telepathy/clairvoyance), energetics (psychokinesis/electrokinesis), and bio (vitakinesis/biokinesis). Psychomorphs can develop Aptitudes other than those two, but have difficulty doing so. Teleportation can be learned, but it’s never a “natural Aptitude”.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
        Note: “focused” means “more capable within your area of expertise”. The Trinity-style rules for psychomorphs (found in the Aberrant Player’s Guide) didn't let them go beyond three dots in any given Aptitude, IIRC.
        Four, but it required a high Psi.

Comment

I’d also note that teleportation is something that no psychomorph has a natural affinity for; it's not like they can't have it so much as it's that all psychomorphs have as much trouble with teleportation as telepaths or espers have developing psychokinesis or vice versa.

Put another way (and going by memory), psychomorphs come in three types, based on which pair of Aptitudes come naturally to them: sensory (telepathy/clairvoyance), energetics (psychokinesis/electrokinesis), and bio (vitakinesis/biokinesis). Psychomorphs can develop Aptitudes other than those two, but have difficulty doing so. Teleportation can be learned, but it’s never a “natural Aptitude”.
          Is Teleportation the realm of Paramorph /Daredevils/probability manipulators?

like this post.

Comment

Teleportation was always the odd duck but no Daredevils never had a knack for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lncbill View Post
              Teleportation was always the odd duck but no Daredevils never had a knack for it.
              I read some where Paramorphs were daredevils on steroids and both were probability manipulators.
              That is why Paramorphs can do time travel. I'd assumeed TP was in there as well

like this post.

Comment

A logical idea; but so far completely lacking in any hard supporting evidence.

Comment

A logical idea; but so far completely lacking in any hard supporting evidence.
                  I've always liked that idea, but given that we have only one non Aberrant with time travel and no rules anywhere to support it I was answering only from what is written. In my own campaign/series/fanfiction I have used another time traveler with powers similar to Mercer I also borrowed a page from Dr. Who and have given Max the ability to speak any language he is exposed to while the other traveler has the ability to speak with animals. I would like to see a form of teleportation added to paragraphs of course I'd like to see rules for non time travelers and teleported.

Comment

I feel there's some terminology confusion going on here.

A "psych" or "psiad" (or "mesmerist," etc.) is a naturally-occurring version of a psion, which is artificially created.

A "psychomorph" is a blanket term for anyone who manipulates psi. So all psions are psychomorphs, but not all psychomorphs are psions.

Originally posted by Chattnos View Post
                    I read some where Paramorphs were daredevils on steroids and both were probability manipulators.
                    That is why Paramorphs can do time travel. I'd assumeed TP was in there as well
                    Paramorph is another blanket term; the difficultly with them is that most daredevils/Talents are indistinguishable from normal humans who happen to be particularly skilled or lucky. There's a certain power threshold, however, and once you break past it (as Mercer has) then it's considerably easier to finger someone definitively as a paramorph. So when Project Tantalus says they're aware of "one known paramorph" (probably Mercer) it's only because he's the only one at that point who has broken through that threshold. They may be aware of thousands of possible paramorphs, but Mercer's the only one they know of for sure.

Insofar as powers go, most Talents can subconsciously manipulate perpendicular time, i.e. probability. Mercer can consciously manipulate linear time. So no, teleportation isn't really in their bag of tricks. At least, not in the original TU setting.

But we'll see where things take us in the Continuum.

Ian A. A. Watson
                    Onyx Path Community Manager
                    Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Comment

For the record: I hope that, in TC, those paramorphs who have broken through the threshold turn out to be natural nomads, with an innate knack for traveling throughout the spacetime of the Continuum. I would not mind in the least if something akin to teleportation, navigation, and/or gateways was in their bag of tricks.

Comment

I'm not so sure about teleporting 'Paramorphs', a classic daredevil/talent should be able to deplete their entire inspiration pool infront of you and never be seen to violate physics - hence the time/probability relation. But, when Indiana Jones (an archetypal talent) needs to move, he tends to use conventional vehicles. The one exception might be the nuke-proof fridge, but that's not something i'd be happy letting a Paramorph get away with, personally.
                        The best bet for an inspiration-fuelled travelling talent might be a Cape Fear/Aliens stowaway approach, although i wouldn't be entirely surprised to hear that powerful old Daredevils (e.g. Sarah Gettel post-1930s) make unrealistically good time on any trip - much to the chagrin of cosmic-power wielding Eximorphs. I could see an expensive/showy Dramatic Edit or Paramorph Knack to allow a talent to beat anyone to point B, as long as it's done off camera and relies on bad luck on the opposing racer's behalf. Essentially forcing those in competition to wait until the talent in question has already arrived at their destination.
                        I have always related it to coincidental magic from M:tA, but the impression we're given from the material available is that paramorph activity (even above Ian's threshold of Tantalus recognition) is extremely difficult to prove actually occurs. Physically vanishing in front of someone without a kind of Death Defiance diversion just seems a little off-tone for the mysterious third inspiration. But, like Ian said, Mercer has shown there is another level above the typical naturally occuring talent - but even Mercer is referred to as being human in every regard outside of his Chronal Awareness.
                        -shrug-
                        Just my own humble opinion regarding paramorph teleportation.

Regarding the OP, i think Ian has cleared that up. As far as i understand, anyway.

P.S. I might be tempted to make Psionic teleportation Doyen territory, as Quantakinesis is for Humans, but leased to humanity via the Prometheus Chambers.
                        Last edited by Nihilist; 08-10-2015, 01:37 PM. Reason: Not enough suspicion cast on the Doyen

Comment

Note: I said "paramorphs who have broken through the threshold". By definition, that excludes Talents/Adventure!-era daredevils; teleportation (and any obviously superhuman abilities, for that matter) would be out of bounds for them. The one confirmed example of a paramorph who has broken through the threshold we have to work with at this time is Max Mercer, a man who is able to deliberately manipulate the flow of time (the opening fiction in Adventure! has a section where he moves impossibly fast, which can be thought of as using his Chronal Awareness Knack to manipulate the flow of time) and to travel to different eras. The whole point of “breaking through the threshold” is that the paramorph has moved beyond “you can't tell him apart from an exceptionally lucky baseline” into the realm where he now has the means to do things that can be seen to violate physics.
                          Last edited by Dataweaver; 08-10-2015, 06:40 PM.

Comment

For the record: I hope that, in TC, those paramorphs who have broken through the threshold turn out to be natural nomads, with an innate knack for traveling throughout the spacetime of the Continuum. I would not mind in the least if something akin to teleportation, navigation, and/or gateways was in their bag of tricks.
                            I've got a few ideas.

Neall Raemonn Price
                            Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

My personal head canon, was that Paramorphs did not utilize third type of energy, but utilized translation barrier between Noetic and Quantum layer to reality edit their circumstance. Mainly, because introducing yet another layer always seemed rather silly to me and with this they fit into established universe better. They do not utilize third, they utilize two/barrier between the two to gain very specific effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X