Adventure! Locales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventure! Locales

Admittedly I'm on a bit of a Planetary Romance/30s-Pulp bender that Cavaliers of Mars started me on, and discovering "Hollow Earth Expeditions" enhanced - I'm just wondering if there's plans this time around to go into more detail exploring the pulpy adventure locales opened by the Inspiration Age, up to an including the hollow earth, Shangri La (Shamballah), alien inhabited Mars, etc - and what would have happened to these locations when the Inspiration Age came to an end (I'd hope they still exist in their own timelines but those quantum probabilities stopped overlapping with the timeline that continues to Aberrant and Trinity).
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-01-2015, 02:49 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Do you mean "locales"?

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Yes, yes I did - damn phone.

Comment

The dubious locales have always fascinated me, but i never really knew what to make of them in the greater setting. Were places like this 'created' by the Venezuela effect in 2122? Were they new or were they the same ones that existed during the hammersmith years? What happened to those places after they faded away, and would a subject who was exploring one of them during a shut down be sequestered along with the 'telluric' space? How far out did the Hammersmith effect create these zones, could Mars or other planets have been affected with a temporal Buck Rogers kind of culture/presence? Were these spaces part of our universe? Our time? Were they even quantifiable in these terms?

Admittedly, i've done nothing to answer the OP's question, but this is the first chance i've had to ask... Carry on.

Comment

I think the times immediately after the Hammersmith event may have cranked probability up to 11, thus allowing things that could only possibly exist to suddenly exist, and giving us bits of history that never happened and may or may not continue once things cool off, if they ever really do.

Comment

My thinking on the cut off event for the "Inspiration Age" and its weird pulp specific phenomena/places was that it was the first man made nuclear explosion. It ties in with the final fight where Michael and Maxwell disappeared. And of course making the events at "Trinity" a setting lynch pin is elegant.

My thinking is that those Pulp "possibilities" still exist in their own timeline but are "out of alignment" with the timeline that continues to Aberrant and Aeon.

Of course that means there is another timeline with a 22nd Century with a PULP space opera, including Jedi-style psychics using Mesmerist mechanics, a Planetary Romance Solar system, etc.
            Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-02-2015, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas, i love a good fan solution - Trinity taught me to take them pretty seriously due to the absense of further publications.
              -smile-
              Probability is the keyword to understanding Daredevils/Talents, extending that into semi-permanent, stable locations is a wonderful leap of logic. A good answer that creates more questions. I'm starting to quite look forward to your solutions Wolfgar, that's your own fault for raising the bar.
              -tease-
              I like the Manhattan project tie in, that really changed the globe in ways that are still evident today. I considered there to be a period during the 50s to 60s when Inspiration was drying up for some reason (i assumed the Hammersmith effect had a quantifiable range through spacetime, which is extended going forward by N-Day and Venezuela), new Stalwarts and Mesmers became rare and the telluric places suffered similar, gradual disenchantments - much to the horror of those who knew them. The silver-age of comics could have been a kind of reductio ad absurdum applied to Aeon history, whether by enemies or themselves. So, this kind of works for me too.
              Thanks again. I'd love to hear if OPP have any notions, because at this rate i don't think we will see anything new about the Hammersmith era for a couple more years at least. Although, if they advance the meta-plot timeline to 2122+, then Venezuela could serve as the medium to explain this phenomena.
              -shrug-

Comment

Working...
              X