Quantakinetics and the new edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zorb42 View Post
    Quantakinesis needs to be thematically resonant, with Nova powers, otherwise there is really no point to it. It is not unique powerset. It is mirror of quantum one and thus really needs to be that , otherwise it is just bland and pointless. You could give it weirdo properties, to keep it unique, but those are Daredevil powers. Writing it before Abberant books is therefore dangerous and I think a long term mistake.
    Fortunately, Aberrant was published 16 years ago, so we have good examples of what nova powers are like.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Originally posted by zorb42 View Post
      Quantakinesis needs to be thematically resonant, with Nova powers, otherwise there is really no point to it.
      I disagree. If QuantaK powers have to get covered then let's keep them functionally distinct from and less powerful than anything remotely Nova related, please. I'd argue that if the order remains purged in the revised setting, then let's leave them and their abilities consigned largely to history.

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
      H.S.U.

Comment

Originally posted by CHILL View Post

I disagree. If QuantaK powers have to get covered then let's keep them functionally distinct from and less powerful than anything remotely Nova related, please. I'd argue that if the order remains purged in the revised setting, then let's leave them and their abilities consigned largely to history.
        Seconded, on both points!

There's a certain charm to a setting that's willing to say that something is lost and won't be miraculously resurrected. Although I'm not a big fan, think Game of Thrones. They've got the audacity and guts to kill off major players permanently, and leave the world with the scars to prove it.

Comment

Few things ever truly die in science fiction, besides, if you strike Quantakinetics down, they might very well become far more powerful that we can possibly imagine...

Comment

I would prefer if the idea of a purge remains that all of the orders are available to be purged. While the influence of the Doyem resulted in the original purge this does not mean that must be the case. The Telepathy order might be subjected to a purge caused by the UN. The Clairsentient order by groups of religious extremists. The Biokinetic order by Law Enforcement (assuming that the "organized crime theme is still a thing). The Vitakinetic order might be attacked by at least socially by the established medical community breaking them as an order and forcing them underground.

Comment

I prefer to have them presented so, I can at least have the option.

For instance, there is a strong possibility of me running three games simultaneously from three of the eras with each one affecting the others. For that Quantakinetics existing might be something that can change over the course of the game, or even back and forth. I might have player have two versions of the same character for the Aeon era game, with one version Quantakinetic and one Psychokinetic, that swap back and forth depending how well players are doing in my Aberrant era game.

Comment

Originally posted by lncbill View Post
                The Vitakinetic order might be attacked by at least socially by the established medical community breaking them as an order and forcing them underground.
                I think Zweidler remaining in charge of the docs will likely lead to that order's (as we know it) demise.

You know Proxy Fuego's plan to 'take care' of each order if the need arose? On his entry for the Aesculapians it simply reads "Do nothing, Mathieu will solve this for me".

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
                H.S.U.

Comment

You know Proxy Fuego's plan to 'take care' of each order if the need arose?
                  Holy moses, I never thought of Fuego as the universe's version of Batman from the Tower Of Babel series.

Comment

To be fair, you should never think of Del Fuego until it's too late.
                    -smile-

Comment

Even paranoids have enemies, Del Fuego is a realist. I tend to agree with Zweidler in charge the Rexs would be in a bad place.

Comment

I think only about half the proxies are really qualified to lead their own orders...I love Zweidler, but he is not in that half.

Comment

Working...
                        X