[official blog] Sneak Trinity Continuum preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [official blog] Sneak Trinity Continuum preview

For today's entry in the Month of Nightmares, Ian looks back at Aberrant - and provides a sneak peak from the Trinity Continuum core.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Looking forward to seeing some Aeon setting stuff over Aberrant myself, but its nice to see some setting detail being teased

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
    H.S.U.

Comment

It is interesting. I feel the need to point out that Triton may be nonpolitical but can't be apolitical. By definition anyone driving social change is interested in politics, unless they have no interest in their own efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
        It is interesting. I feel the need to point out that Triton may be nonpolitical but can't be apolitical. By definition anyone driving social change is interested in politics, unless they have no interest in their own efforts.
        Plus, they are a division/subsidiary of Aeon itself . . . and Aeon definitely has a political agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by CHILL View Post
          Looking forward to seeing some Aeon setting stuff over Aberrant myself, but its nice to see some setting detail being teased

As noted on the blog, the material is for the Trinity Continuum core. Nothing for Aberrant has been written yet.

Ian A. A. Watson
          Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

The stuff written about Aberrant is interesting, though. Shifting the timeline seems like an interesting decision, and with room to rewrite and reconsider decisions made in the previous iteration.

Comment

Some of the material has become dated. The situation becomes worse when the Aeon setting is involved. The game has a decent scientific bent, but we have advanced as a society quicker than anyone could imagine in 1998. Society has also evolved beyond what I ever thought I would see; 1998 you could have someone meet you at the gate getting off the plane or accompany you to the waiting area. 1998 smoking bans beyond certain areas or cities was rare. 1998 cell phones were not common, beepers/pagers were the norm. So I think a certain amount of time line flexibility is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

As noted on the blog, the material is for the Trinity Continuum core. Nothing for Aberrant has been written yet.
                Sure, but I equate the modern day setting and Aberrant as pretty close to each other - especially if we're talking things like the 'Triton Foundation'. I'm only here for 2120+ stuff

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
                H.S.U.

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

I'm really quite stoked for the Trinity Core.

Comment

I'm happy to see some of this come up, as despite all the good of the original series, it could do with some modern updating - a bit of reconstruction work from our current social/technological plateau. I have to agree that philanthropy can't remain entirely apolitical, but i read that as striving to be apolitical, which is like striving to be perfect - you never get there; but the journey is noble in itself.
                    I do feel for Wolfgang, while i'm lucky enough to be getting Aeon after the core, i feel like Adventure is an eternity away. These teasers make me want to get a balaclava and go raiding for OPP notes...
                    "Show me what you have, you bastards..."
                    -raises eyebrows-
                    Seriously, i think you guys have the best job in the world right now. Much envy and respect to you.
                    Now, explain how time is going to work, without a uniting timeline i have no idea what this game is going to be anymore (time travel is very abstract), that's serious cosmological modifications. Do we just keep talking about the old edition unless you post teasers and then not think too hard about them?

Okay, getting a bit excited...
                    Glad to see these, i hope to see progress continue over the next few months. Impatience is my worst critique, so you can take that as a compliment.
                    -smile-

Comment

Working...
                    X