Nationally Sponsored Nova Teams?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationally Sponsored Nova Teams?

Did we ever get details on India's "Column Shiva", China's "Exploding Heaven Mandate", or the nova team sponsored by the U.S. government? Japan's "Nippontai", the Scandinavian "Northern Lights", and Australia's team got covered in the Player's Guide . . . but what about the rest? Did we even get a name for the American team?

Not that I recall. The only nova I remember being named with American team would be the Patriot.

Comment

Really, I would prefer less coverage on these things. Aberrant has way too many signature characters to keep up with as it is.

Comment

The other national reams only came up in my home game because a PC essentially took over the creation of the US team (which we had no info on anyway). Prolly best to leave them a vague setting element to be filled in by the players/GMs.

Comment

Leaving these things open-ended, to make up as the story calls for their existence - or most conspicuous lack - can be easier and much more entertaining.

Comment

While i agree that the named individuals involved should be minimal, i believe that a decent national approach to Novas could use some more support in the books. It seems kind of intuitive that Nations (esp. the US) would spend and agree to anything they had to in order to be feilding a national force of Novas within a year of N-Day. Admittedly, i still haven't properly read the Directive book in a long time - so maybe i'm missing something - but a breakdown of which country has what and the numbers and even a few powers involved would assist in running national groups. How to do that without naming characters is the ultimate question i feel.

Comment

Maybe the US would not want to have public national super teams. Perhaps they would recruit Novas into the military, the police, and intelligence agencies without costumes and code names. When I ran a game, my players did not wear any costumes. There was a real life superhero movement which consisted of normal humans performing charity in costume or acting as a totally peaceful neighborhood watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Zero View Post
                Maybe the US would not want to have public national super teams. Perhaps they would recruit Novas into the military, the police, and intelligence agencies without costumes and code names. When I ran a game, my players did not wear any costumes. There was a real life superhero movement which consisted of normal humans performing charity in costume or acting as a totally peaceful neighborhood watch.
                Could be, there's some serious media/propaganda/attention-grabbing element into going full costumed vigilante mode - superheroes are evolved from circus performers in a number of visual elements, truth be told and some groups, specially governments, might much prefer a SWAT/Black Ops/Mission Impossible/Metal Gear approach to the use of superpowers and tech, unlike some business and agencies in the private sector who might dip into the "super pool" exactly for the celebrity/marketing factor.

Comment

The USA didn't have one in canon that I'm aware of. I like the one my roommate came up with for our games. The Tactical Nova Team (TNT) ^_^

Comment

Working...
                  X