Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising the level of a power and buying an extra (Help pls)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising the level of a power and buying an extra (Help pls)

Ok using the rules from the first edition Aberrant game drawn from the core book, the players guide, and the biomanipulation power from Worldwide Phase I. Say I have a Quantum of 6 and I decide to buy Biomanipulation a level 3 power. I buy it at 2 ranks with the extra affect microbes....

Because I have a Q6 the extra costs me 7xp (a lvl 3 current cost to raise (hope I got that right sorta confused on that cost) but it doesn't raise the level of the power since my Quantum level lets me set two extra before raising the level.

Now a few weeks later I've earned the 5 xp I need to master the power (I already have the power at 2 ranks which cost me 16xp. The cost of the same power mastered is 21.... a difference of 5...

Mastery raised the level of the power from 3 to 4, at a Q of 6 a Lvl 4 power raises another level with just one extra.... so is my old affects microbes grandfathered in and ignored or do I lose the extra or can I not even master the power because I bought the damn extra ?

Any help appreciated!

Originally posted by yrtalien View Post
    Ok using the rules from the first edition Aberrant game drawn from the core book, the players guide, and the biomanipulation power from Worldwide Phase I. Say I have a Quantum of 6 and I decide to buy Biomanipulation a level 3 power. I buy it at 2 ranks with the extra affect microbes....

Because I have a Q6 the extra costs me 7xp (a lvl 3 current cost to raise (hope I got that right sorta confused on that cost) but it doesn't raise the level of the power since my Quantum level lets me set two extra before raising the level.

Now a few weeks later I've earned the 5 xp I need to master the power (I already have the power at 2 ranks which cost me 16xp. The cost of the same power mastered is 21.... a difference of 5...

Mastery raised the level of the power from 3 to 4, at a Q of 6 a Lvl 4 power raises another level with just one extra.... so is my old affects microbes grandfathered in and ignored or do I lose the extra or can I not even master the power because I bought the damn extra ?

Any help appreciated!
    I would say the first case applies, as it is never actually stated Mastery costs extra slots, impedes Q6+ Novas of acquiring other extras beforehand or anything like that, only that purchasing it auto-raises the level of a power, so purchasing both should be ok as long as Mastery is the final addition, i guess.

Comment

Working...
    X