Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a thought about the 20th anniversary of Aeon....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a thought about the 20th anniversary of Aeon....

I'm gradually reading through my DAV20 KS edition, and its a thing of beauty, so I got to thinking...

Aeon came out way back in 1997, which means we're rapidly approaching the 20th Anniversary (that time went by far too quickly, no?). Seeing as there's various 20th anniversary editions for the WoD lines, I'm curious to see if the old TU could be a candidate for 20th anniversary editions in 2017 and on. I'm assuming the reboot is the current focus, probably nixing a 20th Anniversary Edition - figured I'd ask anyway

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
    H.S.U.

I'm thinking we'll see it in 2017. Hopefully we will Kickstart before then.

Comment

Originally posted by CHILL View Post
      I'm gradually reading through my DAV20 KS edition, and its a thing of beauty, so I got to thinking...

Aeon came out way back in 1997, which means we're rapidly approaching the 20th Anniversary (that time went by far too quickly, no?). Seeing as there's various 20th anniversary editions for the WoD lines, I'm curious to see if the old TU could be a candidate for 20th anniversary editions in 2017 and on. I'm assuming the reboot is the current focus, probably nixing a 20th Anniversary Edition - figured I'd ask anyway
      I don't know that I'd even want one. There are tons of issues with the original systems that'd naturally need to be fixed and, well, they're doing that with a brand new edition. 20th anniversary editions would be... redundant at best, I'd wager.

Comment

Though if they'd like to do some sort of 20th Anniversary celebration of the game, I'd be all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

I don't know that I'd even want one. There are tons of issues with the original systems that'd naturally need to be fixed and, well, they're doing that with a brand new edition. 20th anniversary editions would be... redundant at best, I'd wager.
          Oh sure, there were issues of course, and there were many in the other games that got 20th editions - so I'm not convinced that alone is a reason not to do it (hasn't stopped WW / OPP yet).

I'll disagree that what we've seen so far of the new rules system in the teasers actually fixes those things, and I'm not enthusiastic about key parts of the rules we've seen introduced so far in StoryPath, so that's less of a concern for me honestly. Right now, I'm much less interested in the new rules system than I am in getting updated setting information

I'd definitely pony up cash for 20th anniversary of original Aeon however - although I could see how it would probably be one thing too many for OPP, they do have a hell of a lot going on in the near future (their current projects / kickstarter list never ceases to amaze me given the small size of OPP).
          Last edited by CHILL; 01-19-2016, 12:48 PM. Reason: typo

H.S.U.

Comment

My hopes were dashed slightly when Ritch said that hopefully they will get A (singular) kickstarter for either Scion or Aeon core by end of this year. It would seem that at this pace, my yet to be born child will be able to learn the new Aberrant system with me.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearPig View Post
              My hopes were dashed slightly when Ritch said that hopefully they will get A (singular) kickstarter for either Scion or Aeon core by end of this year. It would seem that at this pace, my yet to be born child will be able to learn the new Aberrant system with me.
              He said at least one. We're moving along at a faster clip now.

Neall Raemonn Price
              Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Oh sure, there were issues of course, and there were many in the other games that got 20th editions - so I'm not convinced that alone is a reason not to do it (hasn't stopped WW / OPP yet).
                The difference is that none of those other games had a new edition in the works at the time. Vampire 4th edition wasn't announced until years after V20 came out, and none of the others have one in production at the moment.

Comment

Yeah, as a separate entity? Maybe there might be some room for "classic" Aeon - other companies have done reprints and such before on their titles, although usually ones bigger than Onyx Path - but we are likely a long time off from seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgar View Post
                    Yeah, as a separate entity? Maybe there might be some room for "classic" Aeon - other companies have done reprints and such before on their titles, although usually ones bigger than Onyx Path - but we are likely a long time off from seeing that.
                    I'm pretty sure the Trinity corebook is POD at DriveThruRPG.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post

I'm pretty sure the Trinity corebook is POD at DriveThruRPG.
                      PDF only, unless I'm missing something?

H.S.U.

Comment

PDF only, unless I'm missing something?
                        That...is what I get for not checking.

I think it'd be easier to get a POD copy of that online than a classic, though.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

That...is what I get for not checking.

I think it'd be easier to get a POD copy of that online than a classic, though.
                          Hah, no worries

I always assumed the PDF files were not very POD friendly actually - I mean, they're pretty shabby as PDF quality goes anyway. Not a criticism, I doubt anything could be done with files that old and I'd imagine a bunch of components like the original art is long gone.... although I do have plenty of the original Aeon art I bought directly from Leif (on canvas, no less!) stored away in my geek-cave. I think I've got around 2 dozen or so of them now, Strike Team Psion, Black Company, Otha, We'll Always Have Paris, United in Diversity etc. So, some of those original pieces are still out there - I know Leif definitely has some still (on my wish list, I'm getting to 'em).

Um, back on topic. I agree that its probably not worth doing commercially / for marketing reasons what with a new version in development around the same time as the 20th anniversary. Shame though, as I'd pony up for that without question.

H.S.U.

Comment

Um, back on topic. I agree that its probably not worth doing commercially / for marketing reasons what with a new version in development around the same time as the 20th anniversary. Shame though, as I'd pony up for that without question.
                            I'll convert you to Storypath yet, CHILL.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

I'll convert you to Storypath yet, CHILL.
                              We'd need to lose Momentum and any semblance of fail forward / sideways first

....never say never, though.

H.S.U.

Comment

Working...
                              X