Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What eras you want to see the most after the official releases and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm now bouncing around timelines to use at the table....

Timeline Alpha: Aberrant-Anima-Aeon canon

Timeline Beta: N-Day never happens and the Continuum Core setting keeps up with present day

Timeline Gamma: the Aberrant War ends into total nuclear devastation leaving a Mad Max/Fallout setting

Timeline Delta: Inspiration Age never ends, and Stalwarts, Mesmerists, and Daredevils continue into a Planetary Romance future

Timeline Epsilon: Max fails to stop Mal from setting off N-Day in the 1940s, leading to a "Silver Age" style Nova age in the decades that follow; which also creates a Mal-victorious Aberrant godkings era in the 21st Century

Timeline Zeta: Aliens invade in the late 19th Century (ala War of the Worlds), the left over tech from which lets humanity create Psions in the early 20th Century as they rebuild

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

From RPGnet "GenCon Trinity Continuum Tease," post 135, August 22, 2014:
      Will there be any support for people who want the crossover? Running TC: Core with Talents and secret conspiracies in a world where Novas are just starting to appear sounds like a fun short campaign. Would books covering that sort of thing fall under TC:Core, or TC:Aberrant?

Comment

• I'm really excited about the possibility of alternative timelines. Maybe they can create a line of supplements called mirrors that deal with many what-if scenarios.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarion View Post
          Will there be any support for people who want the crossover? Running TC: Core with Talents and secret conspiracies in a world where Novas are just starting to appear sounds like a fun short campaign. Would books covering that sort of thing fall under TC:Core, or TC:Aberrant?
          I'm guessing you wont see anything nova related (mechanics-wise) until they get to the Aberrant book. It would make sense, keep each book mechanically and setting themed so you know which books to get for what. Better organized that way.
          Last edited by CHILL; 01-09-2018, 10:03 PM.

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
          H.S.U.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarion View Post
            CHILL is correct: nova rules will come with Aberrant. And then there's nothing stopping you from using those nova rules in the modern era if you want.

That's why we put Talents in the core, so you can use them with any of the subsequent eras if you want.

Ian A. A. Watson
            Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

• Originally posted by CHILL View Post

I'm guessing you wont see anything nova related (mechanics-wise) until they get to the Aberrant book. It would make sense, keep each booth mechanically and setting themed so you know which books to get for what. Better organized that way.
              My question was less mechanics, and more... structure and branding, I guess. And setting material, ideally.

So at some point in the future, we'll have mechanics for Talents and Novas. Once those have been published, would a hypothetical "Talents in a world of Aberrants" source book be in the core line or in the Aberrant line? Because, as I understand it, neither line will assume that the other actually happened, because each era is essentially optional.

But presumably, all of the shady conspiracies will have been thrown into disarray by Novas appearing. If you're wanting to assume both happen in your campaign, is there going to be support for using the transition period for a campaign?

Obviously, it's most apparent between these two time periods as they're the closest chronologically (so far). But for me, the interconnectedness of the setting has always been one of it's strengths.

Comment

• I certainly think an "immediately N-Day" supplement would be cool setting book. I'm pretty sure Talents are assumed playable in Aberrant without further coverage, given that the Continuum Core is the main rules engine book for all the eras.

For example, while I'm sure "Baseline-looking Enhanced Attribute Novas" are still a thing in the Aberrant-Era, I'd put good money on the Directive being largely Talent-play focused this time around.
                Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-09-2018, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• My question, and I'll understand if it's something you can't answer yet, is what is your intended release schedule?

Are you hoping to get multiple books out a year (Core, Aeon, Aberrant, Adventure all in 2018), or a book a year (Core/Aeon '18, Aberrant '19, Adventure '20 etc), or longer between books because, after all, you guys have a lot of lines going at the moment (All the WW stuff, Exalted, Pugmire, Mars, Scion, Trinity, am I missing something?).

Also, are you likely to kickstart the books after Trinity core?

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                    I'm now bouncing around timelines to use at the table....

Timeline Alpha: Aberrant-Anima-Aeon canon

Timeline Beta: N-Day never happens and the Continuum Core setting keeps up with present day

Timeline Gamma: the Aberrant War ends into total nuclear devastation leaving a Mad Max/Fallout setting

Timeline Delta: Inspiration Age never ends, and Stalwarts, Mesmerists, and Daredevils continue into a Planetary Romance future

Timeline Epsilon: Max fails to stop Mal from setting off N-Day in the 1940s, leading to a "Silver Age" style Nova age in the decades that follow; which also creates a Mal-victorious Aberrant godkings era in the 21st Century

Timeline Zeta: Aliens invade in the late 19th Century (ala War of the Worlds), the left over tech from which lets humanity create Psions in the early 20th Century as they rebuild

Omega Timeline: same through Anima, but Psions and Trinity fail against Colony and the returning Aberrants, and humanity is destroyed. Not really a playable setting like the above, just there as a thematic warning.

Comment

• I once had the idea of a timeline where Adventure happens as normal, but the Aberrant age occurs from 1936 to 45 or about, and then the Trinity setting starts about 1956. I admit that this was mainly motivated by the idea of having one of the wealthiest and most influential men in 1962 America be a black man.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• Originally posted by TiwazTyrsfist View Post
                        My question, and I'll understand if it's something you can't answer yet, is what is your intended release schedule?

Are you hoping to get multiple books out a year (Core, Aeon, Aberrant, Adventure all in 2018), or a book a year (Core/Aeon '18, Aberrant '19, Adventure '20 etc), or longer between books because, after all, you guys have a lot of lines going at the moment (All the WW stuff, Exalted, Pugmire, Mars, Scion, Trinity, am I missing something?).

Also, are you likely to kickstart the books after Trinity core?
                        Not involved in development or anything so take this with a pinch of salt. I suspect the Onyx Path gang can't answer those questions right now - RichT has repeatedly said they don't give release schedules to avoid disappointing folks. I mean, IanW recently mentioned its been 5 years or so since he first pitched relaunching the Trinity Universe and I'm pretty sure from snippets online that he wanted to be much further along by now.... so not publicly listing a schedule seems to be a wise idea.

H.S.U.

Comment

• Yeah, we generally don't do release dates for a number of reasons. Instead we have the production schedule seen weekly on the Monday Meeting Notes blog.

Originally posted by CHILL View Post

Not involved in development or anything so take this with a pinch of salt. I suspect the Onyx Path gang can't answer those questions right now - RichT has repeatedly said they don't give release schedules to avoid disappointing folks. I mean, IanW recently mentioned its been 5 years or so since he first pitched relaunching the Trinity Universe and I'm pretty sure from snippets online that he wanted to be much further along by now.... so not publicly listing a schedule seems to be a wise idea.
                          Oh, hell, it's been longer than that. I first pitched it to Rich in... late 2005? Early 2006? Just before the sale of WW to CCP, anyway. It was, I think, around November 2011 as Rich was putting Onyx Path together that he asked me to re-send my pitch. So counting from then, it's been just over six years. But in terms of the start of active production, like writing up an outline and assembling writers, it's been closer to five years, yeah. Although come to think of it, probably still closer to six.

Ian A. A. Watson
                          Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

• Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
                            Oh, hell, it's been longer than that. I first pitched it to Rich in... late 2005? Early 2006? Just before the sale of WW to CCP, anyway. It was, I think, around November 2011 as Rich was putting Onyx Path together that he asked me to re-send my pitch. So counting from then, it's been just over six years. But in terms of the start of active production, like writing up an outline and assembling writers, it's been closer to five years, yeah. Although come to think of it, probably still closer to six.
                            Right....right.....I'd forgot you mentioned trying it that far back too. Damn, time flies man. Still, congrats on getting *this close* to rebooting the old thing, must feel awesome

H.S.U.

Comment

Working...
                            X