Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What eras you want to see the most after the official releases and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
    I think I see a missing item. Abnatural a ghosthunters psi setting in the 1960s and 1970s. Psi would be weak and mysterious, PC psi that is. In some ways this would be like the X-Files, except that it's the whole Aeon thing business in the background. The leftovers and detritus of other events are the cryptids and "ghosts" of this setting. The mood would be low key suspense.

In setting many PCs would see these events as supernatural or alien. Agents of Aeon would make "one" type of Man in Black. But only one type among many.
    That’s kind of what I was thinking for a Victorian setting by that name, playing on the spiritualism/occultism of the era and gothic science fiction.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
      I'm still thinking a time war book, both as a setting in itself and a link between all other settings, would be a great addition to this line.
      This is still what I’m pondering the gameline based further in the future than Aeon might be. Time patrol based is a positive future trying to protect their timeline.

Comment

• Post Aeon is Jack Kirby's Fourth World.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
          Post Aeon is Jack Kirby's Fourth World.

I have an idea for an era in that style, but it's in a parallel timeline, not the future, where Mal succeeded and Novas rose as god-kings to eventually shepherd diverse planetary civilizations.

Comment

• A 70s~80s "The Warriors" style with gangs x gangs x vigilants/punishers

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

That’s kind of what I was thinking for a Victorian setting by that name, playing on the spiritualism/occultism of the era and gothic science fiction.
              Both would work. Perhaps two settings detailed in one book with period sourcebooks for booth.

Comment

This is still what I’m pondering the gameline based further in the future than Aeon might be. Time patrol based is a positive future trying to protect their timeline.
                I see them as a good guy hero faction. Other factions would have lower goals.

Comment

I have an idea for an era in that style, but it's in a parallel timeline, not the future, where Mal succeeded and Novas rose as god-kings to eventually shepherd diverse planetary civilizations.
                  I was thinking that, a century or three after Aeon, there are entire planets of nigh-God like Novas out there, perhaps waging war against each other over philosophical differences.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

• I can't believe I didn't think of it before, but an early Middle Ages Arthurian setting would be a great fit for the game. Using Adventure terminology, the Knights of the Round Table would be Daredevils, Witches and Wizards would be Mesmerists. I'm not sure though how Stalwarts would fit into it, maybe the Fae?

Comment

• Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
                      I can't believe I didn't think of it before, but an early Middle Ages Arthurian setting would be a great fit for the game. Using Adventure terminology, the Knights of the Round Table would be Daredevils, Witches and Wizards would be Mesmerists. I'm not sure though how Stalwarts would fit into it, maybe the Fae?
                      Both mesmerists and stalwarts could be fay blooded or blessed. It's not the source of the powers it's how you interpret the experience.

Comment

• By the way, the time war book could be named AGON. It means a contest or struggle.

Comment

• I would like to see Trinity: Axis. I'm imagining a game set in WW2, with high powered heroes and villains operating beneath the cover of the massive warfare. Behind the scenes, countless splintered timelines spin off from critical moments, with a second war being fought by both contemporary characters and time travelers to decide which of the myriad possibilities will become the dominant timeline.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
                          Freelance Writer
                          Projects I've contributed to: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

• Set in the early 90's, Au Lait, where you play superpowered individuals working as baristas in Seattle during the height of the designer coffee boom. Divas Mal does show up, and you can tell he's the villain by the fact that he always orders stuff like a half soy/half coconut milk 3/4 caff latte with an extra shot no foam with one pump of raspberry and half a pump of maple, and the fact that he uses the words Grande and Venti even when he's not at a Starbucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
                              I can't believe I didn't think of it before, but an early Middle Ages Arthurian setting would be a great fit for the game. Using Adventure terminology, the Knights of the Round Table would be Daredevils, Witches and Wizards would be Mesmerists. I'm not sure though how Stalwarts would fit into it, maybe the Fae?
                              Some of the Knights would be Stalwarts as well.
                              "My strength is as the strength of ten, because my heart is pure"
                              - Sir Galahad in Alfred, Lord Tennyson's Idylls of the King

The Green Knight is usually given magical transformation as his origin, but he's also so strongly associated with the Green Man legend in popular consciousness that "supernatural being" (Stalwart) seems completely reasonable. (If you've ever seen the old White Wolf/Sword & Sorceries Studios Relics & Rituals: Excalibur book for D20/OGL, there is a really cool bit of art by Rob Spencer for the Green Knight prestige class.) Jack Kirby's The Demon from DC Comics also offers an interesting possibility for a period Stalwart character. I'm not sure how one would do Tom McGowen's Sir MacHinery, though.

I like this idea quite a bit. I nominate Avalon as a possible title.

Comment

• Post-Aeon space-fantasy space-opera, definitely! Good RPG's with plasma guns, space travels, thousands of alien species and such are surprisingly scarce, taking into account thepopularity of the genre.

Comment

Working...
                                X