The Actual Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Actual Books

When the TC kickstarters finally get here, is there going to be a deluxe edition like the M20 for them or no? What are you thinking on layout? A normal sized hardback like your typical WOD book or smaller like the original Adventure/Aberrant/Aeon-Trinity line? What would everyone prefer?

On our end, we haven't decided yet. We'll need to consider a bunch of thing to decide on deluxe (20s, Ex3), prestige (Demon: The Descent, Beast: The Primordial), or standard (Pugmire). I'm interested in hearing player ideas!

Rose Bailey
    Onyx Path Development Producer
    Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Will the Kickstarter have the pre-layout text like others have had?

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
        On our end, we haven't decided yet. We'll need to consider a bunch of thing to decide on deluxe (20s, Ex3), prestige (Demon: The Descent, Beast: The Primordial), or standard (Pugmire). I'm interested in hearing player ideas!

These will be the first Kickstarters where I purchase the physical books so I don't really know the difference between Deluxe and Prestige. I assume Standard is a normal retail copy. Personally, I love the blue hardback Aberrant core rule book. The size sets it off from the other, larger sized books. The Aeon / Trinity rule book with it's plastic cover and spiral binding was inventive but not practical, IMO. I'm not sure how replicating the size of the original books will affect the thickness of them but it would get my vote.

Also, full color would be great. The half color and half B&W of the originals was odd to me.

Comment

Deluxe would be a leatherette hardcover. Prestige would be a traditionally printed hardcover.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
            Deluxe would be a leatherette hardcover. Prestige would be a traditionally printed hardcover.

Then what would Standard be?

Comment

Originally posted by karpomatic View Post
              Then what would Standard be?
              Hm. Checking Pugmire's KS, both it and the Prestiges are traditionally printed.

Not entirely sure what the difference between Standard and Prestige is, but the Prestiges look to have a couple of features Pugmire doesn't, like embossed covers.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

Hm. Checking Pugmire's KS, both it and the Prestiges are traditionally printed.

Not entirely sure what the difference between Standard and Prestige is, but the Prestiges look to have a couple of features Pugmire doesn't, like embossed covers.

I'm sure Rollicking Rose can tell us the differences.

Comment

Personally, I love the blue hardback Aberrant core rule book.

The blue hardcover with foil logo was a deluxe edition. The regular edition was a softcover that looked like this:

The Aeon / Trinity rule book with it's plastic cover and spiral binding was inventive but not practical, IMO.

Also a deluxe edition. The regular edition:

For the purposes of Onyx Path's definitions, a deluxe edition (WoD20) has a different cover treatment, often a leatherette cover and other bells and whistles like gilt edges and cloth bookmarks. A prestige edition (Mummy: The Curse, Demon: The Descent, Dark Eras) has the same cover as the PoD version, but perhaps with embossing or an iridescent look, like the original nWoD cores. It's sort of the top level of quality that was available back in the traditional print days.

Standard doesn't have any extra bells and whistles, and is straight traditional print, but the goal is more to get a larger print run done so we can get it in stores.

Ian A. A. Watson
                  Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Ooo, is the Aberrant hardcover a brain scan of the M/R node? Because that would be awesome.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                      Ooo, is the Aberrant hardcover a brain scan of the M/R node? Because that would be awesome.
                      No, that's the Fireman.

Neall Raemonn Price
                      Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post

No, that's the Fireman.
                        Wait, I'm talking about the blue book. Are you talking about the regular hardcover?

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

It's a gold-on-blue version of the image of the Fireman at the point he Erupted. A bigger picture on eBay.
                          Last edited by Craig Oxbrow; 03-23-2016, 08:41 PM.

Craig Oxbrow
                          The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Oxbrow View Post
                            It's a gold-on-blue version of the image of the Fireman at the point he Erupted. A bigger picture on eBay.
                            Thank you, I would never have been able to see that from that tiny picture.

Comment

Is there still any remaining possibility for digital versions of the books, with computer animations and the like, that Rich Thomas fantasized about at Gen Con all those years ago?

Comment

Working...
                              X