No announcement yet.

The Actual Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah; for TC: Æon, at least, I'd much rather have a “Deluxe Digital” than a deluxe physical book. I'm not so sure about TC core, Aberrant, or Adventure!, though.

Comment

The small-sized books were okay for the "gimmicky" decade that was the 90s (just think about all that comics crap), but for today I want nice, normal-sized hardcover books. With full color illustrations, please.

Comment

Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
        The small-sized books were okay for the "gimmicky" decade that was the 90s (just think about all that comics crap), but for today I want nice, normal-sized hardcover books. With full color illustrations, please.

I can't deny the utter awesomeness that is the 20th Anniversary Mage: The Ascension book that is getting delivered this week. I wish I had the $$$ to be in on that one. But, I think hardbacks done with that level of detail and in the size of the original books would be great. The smaller size stands out on a bookshelf and at the table. Yes, they are graphic novel sized but that's fine by me. I wouldn't mind a standard edition of the TC Core Rules and then have the era books be ultra / Deluxe / special editions. I can see the Aeon Trinity logo in all its holographic glory or Divas Mal in 3D ready to leap off the cover of the Aberrant Era source book. I'm all in on these books. I've been saving since they announced the new edition.

I do like the idea of the special edition digital edition but I have no idea how that would be accomplished.

Comment

I guess if it's handled well I wouldn't mind "graphic novel" sized books. I wonder how those will look in PDF?
          I liked the format they used for Adventure! - it's the only book I still leaf through occasionaly.

About the other stuff, I don't really care about the "super-deluxe/prestige/gold-rimmed/etc." editions. IF I back the kickstarters, I'll most likely back at the level that nets me a simple hardcover volume - I can't really afford more. Beginning in May, the little money I have left over every month is pretty much commited to Stellaris for the foreseeable future.

Comment

A special digital edition for Aeon might be nice, but my first concern should be ease of use to table. One of the reasons I still prefer dead tree is I find them easier to read, carry, search and reference than any electronic format. A tricked out version for Aeon specifically would be nice as a stretch goal, but table meat has to take precedence to shelf candy.

Size isn't an issue so long as we can get page count. I'm not even sure I need hardback...my softcover Trinity books have held up pretty well, really.

Comment

I like the Deluxe editions that I have gotten I don't need the bells and whistles but I appreciate them.
              Premier is fine. While the original size is fine I for one would rather have full size for the simple fact this could and hope it will be a massive book and an off size will increase page count.

Comment

Honestly I don't think we will be talking about massive books, if most of the baseline details are split in two separate books (Trinity Core and Aeon).

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgar View Post
                  Honestly I don't think we will be talking about massive books, if most of the baseline details are split in two separate books (Trinity Core and Aeon).

Agreed. If we were talking about one book for everything then it would be super thick but since there will be a core rule book and separate setting books I think the smaller size would be great.

Comment

I don't care if it's Deluxe or Prestige of whatever, I just want it to be a regular, standard, hardcover RPG book :P

The one objection I always had to the old ones was the nonstandard design of the things. It was a cute experiment I guess, but I'd have been much happier if they'd been laid out and printed like normal White Wolf books. Hopefully they'll be done up like normal OPP books.

No gimmicks! Comic Book companies still haven't learned that lesson.

Comment

The old books do have their own character sure, but some just didn't work out well in the end. The hardback Trinity book with the coiled spine starts to fall apart on heavy use, the plastic limited edition looks great but is a pain to use at the table. The smaller size of the softcovers make for easy enough reading, but are not that great for quick reference (can't lay them open on a table) - also, some of the spines on a percentage of the Order books were......not great.

So yep, standard sized books would be my preference.

Don't really have a preference on PDF's as I tend not to use them at the table. They're nice to have as a backup I guess. I'm unlikely to pay more for a 'premium' PDF / digital version unless there's something about the experience that makes it a must-have, something that the dead-tree versions can't do. I'm not suggesting PDF only content incidentally (which would frustrate me).

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
                      H.S.U.

Comment

Working...
                      X