• Show
Clear All

• Aeon Teasers

You've been very patient.

http://theonyxpath.com/teaser-sudame...ontinuum-aeon/

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager
    Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Thanks so much for this, you had me sold at "new edition of Trinity" but i'm glad to see things are progressing on the 2120s and i'm excited to see more in this vein.

Comment

The less favorable comments speak for themselves; the "The Nova Age pushed the nations of South America from the Third World into the First," should be dropped.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the direction things are taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgar View Post
        The less favorable comments speak for themselves; the "The Nova Age pushed the nations of South America from the Third World into the First," should be dropped.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the direction things are taking.
        Your wish is my command (at least in this one case): I agree with the criticism and am please someone pointed it out now - the line now reads "The Nova Age pushed the nations of South America into the forefront of the world stage."

Comment

Part 2 is up: http://theonyxpath.com/teaser-sudame...ontinuum-aeon/

Ian A. A. Watson

Comment

Good interesting writing. There is one thing, that has been bothering me though. Is it supposed to be omniscient narrator perspective or limited in character perspective? It reads as latter, but there are terms(nova age, quantum flux as example) that do not read as something someone would say in Aeon era, unless you hid the extent of setting rewrites. It just feels slightly too loose and with inconsistencies, which make it hard for me to get proper read on this.

Comment

I did not hide the extent of the change; in fact I have repeatedly counselled against assuming too much about the new edition based on what you know about the previous edition. If there's one common refrain I've made in this forum, it's that. It's still recognizably Aeon on the broad strokes, but many details are different. Reading last week's teaser shows a very different origin for the Norça, for example, but the Norça are still the South American Psi Order, experts in biokinesis, and still headed by Del Fuego.

I believe we've also previously mentioned (possibly at Gen Con) that "Taint," while a perfectly good word, was hard for some people to get past because they made a juvenile connection. So we've changed it, which is why you see other terms at play.

Ian A. A. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by zorb42 View Post
                Good interesting writing. There is one thing, that has been bothering me though. Is it supposed to be omniscient narrator perspective or limited in character perspective? It reads as latter, but there are terms(nova age, quantum flux as example) that do not read as something someone would say in Aeon era, unless you hid the extent of setting rewrites. It just feels slightly too loose and with inconsistencies, which make it hard for me to get proper read on this.
                Nova Age is the common term for the era before the Aberrant War, but after Novas started erupting, Quantum Flux is the official term for what used to be called Taint and is now unofficially called Corruption. Project Rewrite is both very different and considerably more limited in this version of the setting, but as Ian mentioned, overall the differences really aren't all that big.

Comment

There definitely seems to be less of an active cover up of the past this time around in the Trinity era.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
                    I believe we've also previously mentioned (possibly at Gen Con) that "Taint," while a perfectly good word, was hard for some people to get past because they made a juvenile connection. So we've changed it, which is why you see other terms at play.
                    *eyeroll*

You have NO goddamn idea. We played Aberrant for years and years, and then we got a new group a few years ago who never, ever stopped giggling every time the word taint was mentioned. It was infuriating.

I never even made that connection. In the preceding six+ years of playing games, we'd made very, very few jokes like that. But then we got new people, and it was all "heeheehee, taint."

Kill me.

Comment

"Taint" isn't really used that way here - on the other hand, Aberrants "erupting" always makes me think of acne rather than volcanoes.

Craig Oxbrow
                      The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

Let's turn our eyes skyward. http://theonyxpath.com/quantum-front...ontinuum-aeon/

Ian A. A. Watson

Comment

"It's a bit far away. Would probably help if I was a clear too, Bob."

Comment

Part 2: http://theonyxpath.com/quantum-front...ontinuum-aeon/

Ian A. A. Watson

Comment

Ian... inquiring minds want to know. Will we still get sketches of the Developer in crazy getups doing silly shit among the credits? I for one would love to see those returning, as they gave a lot of charm to the old books.

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

Working...
                              X