Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian AA Watson Teases Animus and Talks Trinity on 16Miles2Hell

What is Anima?

Find out that and more as Ian "Double A" Watson uses a mixture of Biokinesis, Mega-Appearance, and Gummi Berri Juice to overwhelm Rick and Philip and take over the #16Miles2Hell Action Megabunker! He unloads the secrets of the forthcoming Trinity Continuum , releasing some honest-to-Pesci exclusive you-heard-it-here first information on the best suite of science fiction table-top games the world has ever seen. Also this episode, Phillip talks about being a creepy single adult at an amusement park, how Disney is still racist as fuck, and how one group of assholes is doing something wrong in the name of their magic sky fairy! You don't want to miss this! "He" missed this and he don't look happy. He's been using Brand X. (Oh no!) But with 16Miles2Hell Brand, we'll get a grin... again!

http://rickacarroll.com/podcast/epis...-disneycation/
    Last edited by Thrazghul; 04-29-2016, 10:24 AM. Reason: Because I can't hear :)

*Anima

Close enough.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager
    Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Comment

I can't hear correctly, apparently I changed the one part, but can't change the thread title. Thanks again for the interview, Ian! It was a metric ton of fun.

Comment

At least it wasn't enema.

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
        - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm not done listening to it yet but there are some nice tidbits dropped. Thank Ian!

Comment

Can someone post a summary? Seems that i have some problems playing the podcast.

Comment

What problems are you having? It is also available through itunes and google play, and if you look under the player on the site, you can directly download it as an mp3.

Comment

Highlights from Ian are:

- The game is called the Trinity Continuum because of all the settings that are possible. The 3 main settings are something special and will be revealed closer to launch. I believe the three main settings of Aeon, Aberrant, and Adventure! are anchor points in the time continuum. The other settings are possibilities or alternates worth exploring.
                - The core rule book has a modern day setting with rules for creating Daredevils as PCs.
                - An ancient Greek setting called Aegis
                - They're throwing around the idea of a 50's era post nuclear setting like Fallout.
                - A setting between Aberrant and Aeon called Anima that is heavy on the brain tech like Total Recall, the new Robocop, and the Matrix.
                - Ian plans on producing a technology manual for Aeon and for Aberrant. He also said that the Aberrant tech manual would make everyone happy. Lots of Cyberpunk-esk items I believe.

This is all I can remember off the top of my head. I was listening to it in the car on the way home from work yesterday.

Comment

If they're pondering a setting between Adventure and Abberant they shouldn't really limit themselves to the 50s - they should cover the whole Cold War era from the 50s to the 80s. I mean, the Adventure setting also covers multiple decades (the 20s to the 40s) so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
                    If they're pondering a setting between Adventure and Abberant they shouldn't really limit themselves to the 50s - they should cover the whole Cold War era from the 50s to the 80s. I mean, the Adventure setting also covers multiple decades (the 20s to the 40s) so it shouldn't be much of a problem.
                    I guess the 50s is a good reference for atomic horror/drive-in era movies style fiction and weirdness, while the 60s to 80s do call a different type of imagery, much closer to Apocalypse Now, Rambo, Tom Clancy-style spy thrillers and a bunch of stuff that i suspect resonate even more with the modern day setting in the core book. Though that's more my take from what has been said so far, overall.

Comment

So the Aberrant tech manual will be focusing heavily on cybertech, this means that with the trinity core plus the aberrant tech manual we could play a cyberpunk game, that's wonderful! Too bad that according on my calculations we will have to wait at least 2-3 years to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

I guess the 50s is a good reference for atomic horror/drive-in era movies style fiction and weirdness, while the 60s to 80s do call a different type of imagery
                        The same is true for the Adventure! era, though. The 30s were a very different decade compared to the 20s, a whole different kind of imagery was evoked. To say nothing of the early 40s which were defined by the war - it had next to no similarity to the 20s.

If they managed to make a compelling game out of those three decades they can do the same with the 50s to 80s.

IMO, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkiller View Post
                          So the Aberrant tech manual will be focusing heavily on cybertech, this means that with the trinity core plus the aberrant tech manual we could play a cyberpunk game, that's wonderful! Too bad that according on my calculations we will have to wait at least 2-3 years to read it.
                          I'd be surprised if Cyberpunk possibilities were not part of Aeon, as that era lends itself to a tech manual / similar resource (and it'd be great to continue the theme of options excluding dragging Aberrant era stuff into Aeon / keep Aeon quantum free).

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
                          H.S.U.

Comment

What I want to know is this: In a world with daredevils, mesmerists, and stalwarts shouldn't the second wolrd war be different? Unless their numbers were extremely low I just don't see how the allies and the axis wouldn't try to recruit, capture, or eliminate them.

Comment

Originally posted by CHILL View Post

I'd be surprised if Cyberpunk possibilities were not part of Aeon, as that era lends itself to a tech manual / similar resource (and it'd be great to continue the theme of options excluding dragging Aberrant era stuff into Aeon / keep Aeon quantum free).
                              With the focus that the Aeon setting has on biotech is more probable that the augmentations will be biological rather than mechanical (so biopunk?) besides Ian A. A. Watson in the podcast said that the enhancements in the Aberrant tech manual are for those baselines who are feeling inferior to the novas so i think that type of augmentations will be quantum free; anyway i am thinking that with both Aeon and Aberrant tech manuals a lot of possibilities are opening up for a cyberpunk campaign with maybe daredevils or baselines as protagonists.
                              Last edited by Starkiller; 05-04-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X