Ian AA Watson Teases Animus and Talks Trinity on 16Miles2Hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Firanai View Post
    What I want to know is this: In a world with daredevils, mesmerists, and stalwarts shouldn't the second wolrd war be different? Unless their numbers were extremely low I just don't see how the allies and the axis wouldn't try to recruit, capture, or eliminate them.
    I would assume the same as superhero comics have, both sides had them, so the net effect balances out. Even if specific events would have occurred a bit differently here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkiller View Post

With the focus that the Aeon setting has on biotech is more probable that the augmentations will be biological rather than mechanical (so biopunk?) besides Ian A. A. Watson in the podcast said that the enhancements in the Aberrant tech manual are for those baselines who are feeling inferior to the novas so i think that type of augmentations will be quantum free; anyway i am thinking that with both Aeon and Aberrant tech manuals a lot of possibilities are opening up for a cyberpunk campaign with maybe daredevils or baselines as protagonists.
      What I like about Aeon is I can make psi, hardtech, biotech and so on more or less important depending on my preferences with ease - so while biotech is a component, its never been the focus of Aeon for me. But yeah, I could see that working but prefer to be able to buy only Aeon books, without needed to dip into Aberrant, Anima or whatever books for stuff that the Aeon setting should provide. So long as I get plenty of new Aeon 2123+ specific era hardtech (as well as biotech options which I'd expect would be available) in a hypothetical Aeon tech manual I'm good

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
      H.S.U.

Comment

Originally posted by CHILL View Post

What I like about Aeon is I can make psi, hardtech, biotech and so on more or less important depending on my preferences with ease - so while biotech is a component, its never been the focus of Aeon for me. But yeah, I could see that working but prefer to be able to buy only Aeon books, without needed to dip into Aberrant, Anima or whatever books for stuff that the Aeon setting should provide. So long as I get plenty of new Aeon 2123+ specific era hardtech (as well as biotech options which I'd expect would be available) in a hypothetical Aeon tech manual I'm good

I would think that the tech manuals for each of the main settings in the Trinity would blend into the other "in between" continuum settings. For instance, the Aberrant tech manual would be useful for the Anima setting and so forth. Ian didn't mention it, probably because it's too far out, but I would love to see an Adventure! tech manual. I bet there would be some crazy stuff in there!

Comment

Originally posted by karpomatic View Post
          I would think that the tech manuals for each of the main settings in the Trinity would blend into the other "in between" continuum settings. For instance, the Aberrant tech manual would be useful for the Anima setting and so forth. Ian didn't mention it, probably because it's too far out, but I would love to see an Adventure! tech manual. I bet there would be some crazy stuff in there!
          Oh sure - that would make sense. I'm just expressing a preference to purchase Aeon specific content. I actively dislike the Aberrant setting, Novas etc and am indifferent to the Adventure! setting; preferring not to need to buy hypothetical books from those settings to re-use in Aeon for content that should arguably be in an Aeon focussed supplement (which is different than using those books for in-between the settings, of course). I'd love to see the Trinity Tech manual revisited (preferably with zero mentions of novas, quantum et al).

H.S.U.

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post

I would assume the same as superhero comics have, both sides had them, so the net effect balances out. Even if specific events would have occurred a bit differently here and there.
            Especially at the end of the war when Daredevil Otto Skorzeny, Mesmerist Heinrich Himmler, and Mad Scientist Joseph Mengela all escape and found Totally-Not-HYDRA...

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by CHILL View Post

I'd be surprised if Cyberpunk possibilities were not part of Aeon, as that era lends itself to a tech manual / similar resource (and it'd be great to continue the theme of options excluding dragging Aberrant era stuff into Aeon / keep Aeon quantum free).
              If you want to play cyberpunk in AEon, various setting elements allow it.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
              WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades
              The Trinity Continuum | ├ćon

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

If you want to play cyberpunk in AEon, various setting elements allow it.
                I figured, the 1st edition certainly did

H.S.U.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Especially at the end of the war when Daredevil Otto Skorzeny, Mesmerist Heinrich Himmler, and Mad Scientist Joseph Mengela all escape and found Totally-Not-HYDRA...
                  Shh stop giving away the Thule Society secrets...

Comment

Working...
                  X