Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gen Con News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gen Con News

    Any news from Gen Con about the trinity continuum?

  • #2
    apparently theres a Trinity Continuum game going on right now. maybe someone who got into that will come back and give us some news. or barring that maybe the material from the game will get posted somewhere

    Comment


    • #3
      The Trinity sections of the gencon brochure on dtrpg are missing.


      Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
      Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Octavo View Post
        The Trinity sections of the gencon brochure on dtrpg are missing.
        I don't know what to make of that. It's not like someone can't scan them for us. But maybe they have something trinity specific planned? Or they want to keep the trinity stuff locked down as much as possible right now?

        Comment


        • #5
          *downloads brochure...*

          ...

          But... But I want page 22 and 23! Why on earth...?

          Comment


          • #6
            I believe the missing pages in the brochure are a problem with the file; we're not trying to conceal anything in there. We'll look into it when we're back from Gen Con.


            Rose Bailey
            Onyx Path Development Producer
            Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

            Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cielago View Post
              apparently theres a Trinity Continuum game going on right now. maybe someone who got into that will come back and give us some news. or barring that maybe the material from the game will get posted somewhere
              I was in the "Distress Call Redux" game and it used the old rules for the game. The "Distress Call" game used the old rules as well. I can't speak for the other Trinity sessions.

              Comment


              • #8
                The brochure says nothing that we don't already know. What a let down.


                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm not sure what anyone expected; none of the core books have been released yet, so we're not going to start talking about much else in the brochure until they are.


                  Ian A. A. Watson
                  Onyx Path Community Manager
                  Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
                    I'm not sure what anyone expected; none of the core books have been released yet, so we're not going to start talking about much else in the brochure until they are.

                    Most of the mechanical information in the preview seems like a repeat of the teasers posted on 2 June 2015. I haven't analyzed it word-for-word, but my initial read-through reaction was "I've seen all this before." Maybe the target audience (Gen Con attendees) was assumed to not have seen -- or not to remember -- the 2015 releases.

                    (Except for the Fate damage system -- I didn't recall that from the previous material.)

                    (Also: super disappointed that all of the examples were from Scion. No love for Aeon, Aberant, or Adventure?)

                    I was hoping for more material to get me fired up about the setting. The mechanics are well and good, but my love for Aeon comes from the setting, not (and sometimes in spite of) the mechanics.

                    The Youtube video? Now that's what I was hoping for.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PaulChapman View Post


                      Most of the mechanical information in the preview seems like a repeat of the teasers posted on 2 June 2015. I haven't analyzed it word-for-word, but my initial read-through reaction was "I've seen all this before." Maybe the target audience (Gen Con attendees) was assumed to not have seen -- or not to remember -- the 2015 releases.

                      (Except for the Fate damage system -- I didn't recall that from the previous material.)

                      (Also: super disappointed that all of the examples were from Scion. No love for Aeon, Aberant, or Adventure?)

                      I was hoping for more material to get me fired up about the setting. The mechanics are well and good, but my love for Aeon comes from the setting, not (and sometimes in spite of) the mechanics.

                      The Youtube video? Now that's what I was hoping for.
                      As much as we'd love to think that every past Trinity Continuum fan is reading our site and staying on top of developments, that's really not a likely scenario, so we need to repeat things posted here in a booklet designed to be spread throughout Gen Con, the single largest concentration of gamers in one place we can reach. In addition, Scion 2nd is coming out before the Trinity Continuum and will be having its Kickstarter at the end of this month if things work as we are planning, with TC coming up next year. That gives both of our Onyx Path owned game lines a chance to shine, and gives the TC a chance to benefit from any lessons learned during the Scion 2nd launch.

                      So yes, love and care and thought has been devoted to both game worlds, thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Any news on when Trinity might make it onto KS?


                        Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RichT View Post

                          As much as we'd love to think that every past Trinity Continuum fan is reading our site and staying on top of developments, that's really not a likely scenario, so we need to repeat things posted here in a booklet designed to be spread throughout Gen Con, the single largest concentration of gamers in one place we can reach.
                          I'd guess about half the people I spoke to at Gen Con about Trinity (or Scion, for that matter) were delighted to discover that new editions were coming out, because they had no idea.

                          People who are discussing this material on our website have probably already seen the teasers on our website. But most potentially interested gamers? Probably not.

                          Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                          Any news on when Trinity might make it onto KS?
                          Originally posted by RichT View Post
                          In addition, Scion 2nd is coming out before the Trinity Continuum and will be having its Kickstarter at the end of this month if things work as we are planning, with TC coming up next year.


                          Ian A. A. Watson
                          Onyx Path Community Manager
                          Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I love the Trinity Continuum setting, but I have not been following the development as it progresses. I tend to check in every year or so since OP acquired the property to see what's what. I spoke with Ian at Gencon and was very excited to hear about what's planned. The Storypath system overview was a great way to catch up with what is going on since I have not been following the day-to-day.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X