Psions: Had another idea...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psions: Had another idea...

What if the psions gained Enhancement bonuses from working together? Singly, they do not pose a threat to most Aberrants, but with numbers of them pulling together on a single effect, suddenly they can unleash hell's full fury. Bonus points if they can get Enhancement bonuses based on the variety of psions involved.

This gives them the theme of collective action, which for psychic-based characters, works really well. Now, trying to get them to work together in the first place, there's the rub.

Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, especially for psions who fight Aberrants.

My name is Colleen. My favorite song is "Wildwood Flower." My ambition is to write the complete history of the White Wolf/Onyx Path universe.

Comment

I jsut remember that, when Aeon/Trinity first came out, there was fluff fiction which said that psions working together were more powerful, and that psi and quanta canceled out allowing a much more equal footing between them in combat. I figured that, by getting Enhancements from working together, they could boost the psions' powers and not have to cut back on Aberrants/Novas.

Comment

In the 1st edition of Aeon/Trinity there were some collaborative powers explained on Psi Coordination on page 51 in Aurora Australis for the Legions. So some of the idea made its way into mechanics, although not comprehensively.

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
          H.S.U.

Comment

It should be a bit more comprehensive. It's a good way to promote the whole Unity theme, for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgar View Post
              It should be a bit more comprehensive. It's a good way to promote the whole Unity theme, for starters.

Heh, I always kinda liked it that 'unity' was an ideal to strive for......rather than something actually attained. Then again, I always ran my Aeon games on the darker side.

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
              H.S.U.

Comment

Working...
              X