Supplements to Adventure!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If one is to dream ...

Period pulp horror in the view of Lovecraft, Howard, Hodgson, Blackwood, and the like, incorporating the ideas of forbidden knowledge, alien/non-human influences, and disturbing scientific theories into Adventure!

Western pulp.

And a collection of places along the lines of the Hollow Earth, Atlantis, Shambhala, Thule, Mars, and so on.

Comment

As much as I would like to see a world war two sourcebook, the more I thought about it the more I realized Adventure! wouldn't fit. The pulp style and ideals cannot survive so much horror. A different game with a different tone is needed.

Back to the question at hand, here's what I would love to see expanded from the main book.

-Supplement dedicated to mad scientists, their inventions, crafting, and gadgets,
      -Supplement with extra information about stalwards, mesmerists, and daredevils, with extra knacks.
      -Suplement expanding information about the organizations and how to create your own. Possibly with new ones.
      -Supplement with information about ancient civilizations, conspiracies, world secrets and how to use them in your game.
      -Supplement exploring the future of the setting if the pulp ideals triumphed and managed to prevent the great depresion and the world war.

And that's it for now. I'll add more If I can think of any.

Comment

Originally posted by Firanai View Post
        -Supplement dedicated to mad scientists, their inventions, crafting, and gadgets,
        This would, as they said back in the day, rock on toast.

I sometimes imagine Adventure! being done the same way all of White Wolf's early WoD games were done, with splatbooks for Daredevils, Mesmerists, and Stalwarts, city/setting books (New York, Hollywood, Berlin), and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
          Period pulp horror in the view of Lovecraft, Howard, Hodgson, Blackwood, and the like, incorporating the ideas of forbidden knowledge, alien/non-human influences, and disturbing scientific theories into Adventure!
          Overlapping with that, I'd like to see a book on occultism, "magic," and psychic phenomena -- probably taking a pseudoscientific approach, as befits the Continuum. Fewer bells, books and candles; more ectoplasm and electric pentacles. That said, 1920s-era ideas about psychic powers are still pretty different from the later SF that inspired Aeon/Trinity, and I'd like to see a supplement reflecting that. Obviously, this could also double as a Mesmer book, although there's room for Daredevils and Stalwarts to get in on the fun, too. The idea of achieving superhuman mental and physical abilities through rigorous training was a staple of the pulps; just look at Doc Savage!

Comment

Working...
          X