The Player's Guide has arrived!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Player's Guide has arrived!

A bit surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but the Player's Guide has arrived in both Pathfinder and 5e flavours. Discuss. Preferably without a flame war over which system is better.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

I love the art and the idea of the Redeemed races, adding more diversity to the game. I also like the idea of cross breeding elves or orcs with humans is generally non fertile, hence the absence of half elves and half orcs.

Comment

Is it just me or profane magic users are not hunted down anylonger ?

Comment

Originally posted by JPS View Post
        I love the art and the idea of the Redeemed races, adding more diversity to the game. I also like the idea of cross breeding elves or orcs with humans is generally non fertile, hence the absence of half elves and half orcs.
        Huh. Is that in the Pathfinder version? The 5e version has a sidebar that basically says half-elves and half-orcs are rare, but becoming more common as predjudices between the races erode, and you can play one with GM permission.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

Huh. Is that in the Pathfinder version? The 5e version has a sidebar that basically says half-elves and half-orcs are rare, but becoming more common as predjudices between the races erode, and you can play one with GM permission.
          Nope; the Pathfinder version has the same sidebar.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
            Nope; the Pathfinder version has the same sidebar.
            Cool, cool.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

As someone who does own either book, what os the difference between the books (aside from one being 5e and the other pathfinder)?

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                As someone who does own either book, what os the difference between the books (aside from one being 5e and the other pathfinder)?

My understanding is that those are the only differences, but if that's incorrect I hope someone lets me in on the secret, because I was only planning on getting the Pathfinder version.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

As I understand it the systems are so different that alot of other stuff changes as well.

Comment

Is the former twist of profane magic users being frown upon (if not utterly hunted down) not true anylonger ? Or is it being not covered yet ?

Comment

Profane magic users?

If you're talking about Arcane magic users generating Heat: that's in there, but has been revised. Now there's a couple of options and suggestions for if the GM and player want to include a greater curse!

Comment

Working...
                      X