Ask a simple question, Scarred Lands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a simple question, Scarred Lands

I had a quick, simple question that didn't seem worth starting it's own thread for, so I figured I should make one of these for Scarred Lands.

So, as for my question, which regards the 5e version. I noticed that Aasatthi and Slitherin both have traits that allow them to perform a special movement type without expending extra Movement (swimming and climbing, respectively). I was wondering if these features were worded this way intentionally, rather than giving them swim/climb speeds, to avoid interactions with other rules that check whether a creature has a special Movement type speed. For example, the underwater combat rules affect creatures with swim speeds differently than creatures without swim speeds. Is it intentional that Assatthi are affected as though they don't have a swim speed, despite the fact that they can swim at the same speed as a creature that has a 30 foot swim speed?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Hey Charlaquin. Yes, that's right -- the wording is intended to interact with the rules in a certain way. Both asaatthi and slitherin are able to move more quickly than other humanoids while swimming or climbing, but they're still not as adept at those modes of movement as a creature native to that element or environment, such as a spider or a fish, respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Holden View Post
      Hey Charlaquin. Yes, that's right -- the wording is intended to interact with the rules in a certain way. Both asaatthi and slitherin are able to move more quickly than other humanoids while swimming or climbing, but they're still not as adept at those modes of movement as a creature native to that element or environment, such as a spider or a fish, respectively.
      Awesome, thank you!

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Another quick question about the 4e version - is there a reason other than flavor that tail blades are light weapons? The special property of tail blades allows you to attack with one as a bonus action when you take the Attack action, which would seem to make the Light property pointless, as all it does is allow you to attack with it as a bonus action when you make an attack with another Light weapon.

Comment

Working...
        X