Favorite Old Scarred Lands Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Old Scarred Lands Books

So what were your favorite old Scarred Lands books?

Mine were:

1. Strange Lands, closely followed by...
    2. Echoes of the Past
    3. Blood Bayou
    4. Termana (even though I run most of my games in Ghelspad).

Termana and Creature Collection III were standouts for me. I loved them both.

Matthew Dawkins
    Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

I am quite fond of the first Relics & Rituals. The game balance was perhaps not the best, but I really like all the small stories/legends that were attached to each spells/magic items, that made the setting feel alive for me ^^

I was very impressed by the Termana sourcebook, and I really loved Hollowfaust too.

Comment

Hollowfaust was my favorite. Followed by Creature Collection 3.

Comment

The (revised) Creature Collection holds a special place in my memory because it was the first Scarred Lands book I ever got my hands on.

But I think my favorite of the old books might just be Edge of Infinity. Most D&D settings tell you about the material world in heavy focus and barely mention anything about other dimensions/planes of existence (and many of them actually share the same set of other planes), so this book really set the Scarred Lands apart from the rest of the crowd, and inspired the high-level portions of many of my campaigns.

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by haaz View Post
            I am quite fond of the first Relics & Rituals. The game balance was perhaps not the best, but I really like all the small stories/legends that were attached to each spells/magic items, that made the setting feel alive for me ^^
            Boy howdy was it ever not balanced... but man it was fun. Even though they were sometimes sub-optimal, I always had a soft spot for the Body of Corean spells (the 5 that when you cast them automatically created a new Armor of Light spell on you).

Comment

R&R II
              R&R
              Faithful and the forsaken
              Hollowfaust
              Players guide to wizards bards and sorcerers

Comment

Working...
              X