Lesser Known Gods Domains (5e)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesser Known Gods Domains (5e)

So Strange Lands has a number of deities. Especially in Asherak.

Any thoughts on what domains those gods would have?

Very interesting question ^^ Here are some gut-feeling possibilities, without having given it too much thoughts

Ashumas -> Knowledge
    D'Shahn -> Justice
    Elamash -> War? [maybe Trickery or Nature? difficult to say, really]
    The Flayed God -> Death
    Gamgal -> Justice [alternatively, Grave domain from Xanathar would be adequate]
    Immatuk -> Knowledge [or Magic ?]
    Kadeshu -> Freedom
    Otossal -> Death
    Sarhari -> Life [maybe Nature ?]
    Subastas -> Light
    Tamul -> Knowledge
    Tukulto -> Nature [or maybe Freedom ?]

And demi-gods from The Divine and the Defeated

Ashparal -> Nature
    Fraelhia -> Storm
    Imal Wheatsheaf -> Nature [or maybe Life ?]
    Katashama -> Light
    Laathsaal -> Nature [or maybe Magic ?]
    Luchanig -> Nature [or maybe Trickery ?]
    Trelu -> Trickery
    Volskalka -> War

My Slarecian Vault contributions

Comment

Hmm... as I think abou tit, Elamash and Subastas... I wonder if, in the new scheme of things, they make for Lesser Titans more than Demigods (rigorous theological debate on the essence of divinity and what makes a demigod as opposed to a Titan GO!).

That's a pretty good list. Elamash definitely doesn't seem to fit the current 5E domains. For Immatuk, I think Knowledge does fit a bit better than Magic, as wizardry was described as "by extension" for her.

Sarhari is a... strange one. She should almost have Life based on her role as custodian of the soul.

Tulkulti: nature perhaps with a forced water theme.

Comment

Re-reading Elamash entry in Strange Lands, maybe Dominion could fit?

As to whether they are lesser titans and demi-gods, here is my (very personal) take on how to reconciliate the views of both the old and the new edition: lesser titans are technically divine beings (aka, all children of the titans are deities), but a) they didn't manage to create a cult following them and/or b) they sided with the titans during the Divine War. So the other gods told everyone that these creatures were "lesser titans" (aka not gods) so that they could be identified as enemies and killed/destroyed without second thought or too much drama. If you think of all the cleanup they had to do after killing Orathel and Urkanthus, maybe they didn't want to do the same for the gazillions other children that the titans had. And it wouldn't be the first time that the gods bend the truth to hide their mistakes...

My Slarecian Vault contributions

Comment

Working...
        X