The Blood Sea is on DTRPG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blood Sea is on DTRPG!

Time to hit the waves! The Blood Sea is available!

Discuss

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Nice!

What's new in this compared to the 3.5 version?

Comment

I don't have the 3.5 one.

First chapter is about life at sea for pirates (it mentions others, like privateers and slavers), including the pirates Code of Honor (nicely done), and the various jobs on a pirate ship and how advancement may be handled.

Second gets into good jobs for members of assorted classes, then offers ideas for adventures in a scaling format, as the crew work their way up in levels and prestige (though you could always just plop them into the game as middle level privateers. There's four character options here, a druid circle, a warlock patron, and two sorcerous origins.

Last chapter offers a bunch of pirate organizations, all neutral or evil to act as allies or enemies. Nice section for DMs. There's four ships in the back.

Comment

I look forward to seeing everyone's thoughts on this!

Line Developer: Scarred Lands

Comment

I just had very quick look, and I have to say that I really like the format. Short and on point, ready to use ! The only complaints I could have is about the subclasses, which I feel need a little bit of polishing (use of the 3rd person instead of "you" when describing class abilities, some of the flavor text for the sea witch that seems to be taken straight from the prestige class description, and seem out of place with a sorcerer bloodline that you can acquire at 1st level, and finally I find that the seaborn lacks some divine flavor [notably a healing ability] that were quite embedded in the original class).

My Slarecian Vault contributions

Comment

haaz Thanks much for the feedback! I'm glad to hear you have enjoyed the book's contents and presentation. If you could point out any specific areas where you have concerns on our errata form at https://forms.gle/d19vaac59TbdrR1n8 i would appreciate it! This helps make sure nothing is missed as we finalize the .pdf.

With regard to the Seaborn, there were some calls that had to be made in terms of compressing the numerous abilities offered in 3.0/3.5 into a 5e format. From a design perspective I feel an ability like Tears of the Sea would be possibly better suited to a Cleric of Manawe, while Fast Healing is just not really a thing that works well with 5e (I feel it is FAR too clunky)

Comment

Done! Disregard my comment in the list about the Expanded Spell List, that was a silly comment actually :P For the Seaborn, yes, I was thinking about the Tears of Manawe, I feel it would have granted it a stronger identity than "someone close to the sea", but oh well not everything translates into 5E as you said

My Slarecian Vault contributions

Comment

There is a bit of push and pull to be mastered in bringing some of these ideas forward. Having said that, I think a Cleric of Manawe focused on the healing and life-giving aspects (maybe with Tears of the Sea as a Channel Divinity option) would be a FINE addition to the Slarecian Vault!
                Last edited by TravisLegge; 07-02-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X