X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KnyghteFall
    started a topic QQ about the Runecaster and Inscribe Runes

QQ about the Runecaster and Inscribe Runes

Love all the wonderful additions and options from the Player's Guide! I am not entirely certain how this bit works, regarding the Inscribed Runes number, quoting from pages 90 and 91:

pg 90: "Once inscribed with a spell, the rune remains in place, but inert, until the rune is triggered or dispelled."
    pg 91: "Inscribed Runes.The Rune Caster table shows the number of times you can inscribe a spell as a rune. At 1st level, you can use this feature twice. You regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest."

So, for example, can a Rune Caster inscribe the Multiply Missile spell twice on Day 1, then twice more on Day 2 and then on Day 3, expend all four Inscribed Runes?

• TravisLegge
    replied
    Originally posted by haaz View Post
    Not sure. I would say that the proficiency bonus would be a good start, but then it might be too restrictive. Maybe proficiency bonus + spellcasting ability modifier ? Or half the character level ?
    This seems totally fair to me.

Leave a comment:

• KnyghteFall
    replied
    Proficiency bonus + spellcasting ability modifier makes sense. If you became a Rune Caster at the minimum level (7th) and maxed at 12th, that would likely give you a total of 9 at 12th level. If it were half your level, that would barely cover your Inscribed Runes for the day. Still, rocking nine additional 5th level spells is pretty sweet!
    Last edited by KnyghteFall; 01-12-2021, 04:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• haaz
    replied
    Not sure. I would say that the proficiency bonus would be a good start, but then it might be too restrictive. Maybe proficiency bonus + spellcasting ability modifier ? Or half the character level ?

Leave a comment:

• KnyghteFall
    replied
    What would you base the limit on? From what I can tell, this is a variation of the Glyph of Warding (with some critical caveats, agreed). To be sure, I think a limit would be a good thing, just don't want it to be too restrictive.
    Last edited by KnyghteFall; 01-12-2021, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• haaz
    replied
    That's how I understand it as RAW. I would probably impose a limit if I were to have a Runecaster at my table (just to avoid ppl stockpiling fireball grenades)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X