No announcement yet.

Submissions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that's a possibility (after that however, you have the dwarf that tells you that Scarn is an anvil, so you may think it's flat too). I would say the strongest argument for the spherical shape is in the map from the Blood Sea sourcebook (p16) which explicitly show a "polar ice cap", which, I believe, can only be seen in a spherical world

Comment

Originally posted by haaz View Post
      Actually, I don't think that it is state (anywhere) whether Scarn is actually a planet (like earth) or has another shape...

Nice gallery CliffRice
      thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by CliffRice View Post
        I to am interested in doing some art. Here is my page, It even has some cover mock ups for scarred lands Net books i was planning on making eventually
        http://yardarkwood.deviantart.com/gallery/.
        I hope they can use some of your stuff, Cliff.

Originally posted by haaz View Post
        Well, that's a possibility (after that however, you have the dwarf that tells you that Scarn is an anvil, so you may think it's flat too). I would say the strongest argument for the spherical shape is in the map from the Blood Sea sourcebook (p16) which explicitly show a "polar ice cap", which, I believe, can only be seen in a spherical world
        They did say, in that book, that the different theories were intentionally contradictory.

I have to say that, I would prefer to see Scarn being a spherical planet, that is in a "solar system" with several other planets. But, to play Devil's Advocate against my own preferred option, I don't think that a flatworld can be ruled out.

I spent a bit of time studying Flat Earth theory recently (just to see if it could be used in a tabletop game). In that theory, they turn the North Pole into a single point in the middle of a flat circular disk, and they turn the South Pole into an ice wall that goes around the outside of the circular disc. (People argue against the mathematics that supports this theory, but that part of it works, if you accept it.)

So Onyx Path could do a flatworld...or any other type of world, if they really wanted to.

(One reason why I would prefer them to do a spherical world is that S&SS never really made a big deal about the world being funky before, so it would seem like something bolted on at the last minute. And I say this as a Spelljammer fan who actually wants to see more funky worlds being published.)

David "Big Mac" Shepheard
        Scarnspace is no longer the crystal sphere it once was. The celestial bodies bear horrible scars where gods felled titans. Many of the monstrous races that were created by the titans and gods during the war still survive in the gouged reaches of wildspace.
        You can see more of me at the Scarred Lands forum at The Piazza.

Comment

Working...
        X