X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KPLangers
    started a topic Submissions

Submissions

Hi there. Great to see some Scarred Lands work appearing, particularly in pathfinder format. I've been working hard at pathfinder conversions for this great setting for some time; do you accept submissions and to whom would I send any work?

• Big Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by CliffRice View Post
    I to am interested in doing some art. Here is my page, It even has some cover mock ups for scarred lands Net books i was planning on making eventually
    http://yardarkwood.deviantart.com/gallery/.
    I hope they can use some of your stuff, Cliff.

Originally posted by haaz View Post
    Well, that's a possibility (after that however, you have the dwarf that tells you that Scarn is an anvil, so you may think it's flat too). I would say the strongest argument for the spherical shape is in the map from the Blood Sea sourcebook (p16) which explicitly show a "polar ice cap", which, I believe, can only be seen in a spherical world
    They did say, in that book, that the different theories were intentionally contradictory.

I have to say that, I would prefer to see Scarn being a spherical planet, that is in a "solar system" with several other planets. But, to play Devil's Advocate against my own preferred option, I don't think that a flatworld can be ruled out.

I spent a bit of time studying Flat Earth theory recently (just to see if it could be used in a tabletop game). In that theory, they turn the North Pole into a single point in the middle of a flat circular disk, and they turn the South Pole into an ice wall that goes around the outside of the circular disc. (People argue against the mathematics that supports this theory, but that part of it works, if you accept it.)

So Onyx Path could do a flatworld...or any other type of world, if they really wanted to.

(One reason why I would prefer them to do a spherical world is that S&SS never really made a big deal about the world being funky before, so it would seem like something bolted on at the last minute. And I say this as a Spelljammer fan who actually wants to see more funky worlds being published.)

Leave a comment:

• CliffRice
    replied
    Originally posted by haaz View Post
    Actually, I don't think that it is state (anywhere) whether Scarn is actually a planet (like earth) or has another shape...

Nice gallery CliffRice
    thank you.

Leave a comment:

• haaz
    replied
    Well, that's a possibility (after that however, you have the dwarf that tells you that Scarn is an anvil, so you may think it's flat too). I would say the strongest argument for the spherical shape is in the map from the Blood Sea sourcebook (p16) which explicitly show a "polar ice cap", which, I believe, can only be seen in a spherical world

Leave a comment:

• KPLangers
    replied
    Check out the Order of the Ancients picture which is a few pages into the Edge of Infinity supplement haaz, that might help to picture Scarn's shape

Leave a comment:

• haaz
    replied
    I'm curious as to what exactly was your reason why one couldn't sail west from Ghelspad to Asherak. Just that Scarn's surface is primarily covered by water?
    Actually, I don't think that it is state (anywhere) whether Scarn is actually a planet (like earth) or has another shape...

Nice gallery CliffRice

Leave a comment:

• CliffRice
    replied
    I to am interested in doing some art. Here is my page, It even has some cover mock ups for scarred lands Net books i was planning on making eventually
    http://yardarkwood.deviantart.com/gallery/.

Leave a comment:

• Mayberry
    replied
    Originally posted by Ketina View Post

Just think of Scarn as 90%+ water.

I ran into similar problems with my game, but I considered it an awesome challenges to explain it all. Like, can you travel west from Ghelspad to get to Asherak? I decided no, and came up with a reason why.
    I'm curious as to what exactly was your reason why one couldn't sail west from Ghelspad to Asherak. Just that Scarn's surface is primarily covered by water?

Leave a comment:

• Ketina
    replied
    Originally posted by Cptmachine View Post
    I've been a big fan of the game since the first book beat out the monster manual for 3rd edition. My only beef with the setting was the bizarre sense of scale each the continents had themselves and compared to others in terms of their distance from one to another.
    Just think of Scarn as 90%+ water.

I ran into similar problems with my game, but I considered it an awesome challenges to explain it all. Like, can you travel west from Ghelspad to get to Asherak? I decided no, and came up with a reason why.

Leave a comment:

• Rose Bailey
    replied
    Originally posted by JTroy View Post
    I have a related question, but as an artist rather than a writer.

Is the Disclosure Form meant to be printed, signed and scanned, or filled out digitally and e-signed? I'm unable to access the Artist Disc. Form from the device I'm using, but I remember it having a bit more to it than the Writers form, including editability.
    The disclosure form is meant to be electronically signed, but we'll accept it as physically signed and scanned.

Leave a comment:

• KPLangers
    replied
    Originally posted by Cptmachine View Post
    I've been a big fan of the game since the first book beat out the monster manual for 3rd edition. My only beef with the setting was the bizarre sense of scale each of the continents had themselves and compared to others in terms of their distance from one to another.
    That's what teleportation magic is for no? With how rich and detailed the setting is, continents had to be on a grand scale to squeeze it all in I guess, plus a titan or 12 would need a huge playground. Most recently, the size has leant itself perfectly to a Kingmaker conversion I'm running on Ghelspad.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

Not "going to".

Gauntlet of Spiragos is already available.

Is all i have to say right now.

Leave a comment:

• Cptmachine
    replied
    I've been a big fan of the game since the first book beat out the monster manual for 3rd edition. My only beef with the setting was the bizarre sense of scale each of the continents had themselves and compared to others in terms of their distance from one to another.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Oh I'm hyped. Just logged in and saw that there's new a Scarred Lands forum it! Scarred Lands was a wonderful setting, and I'm eager to see new material for it.

Leave a comment:

• IanWatson
    replied
    Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
    Am i getting it right and is Onyx Path going to publish revised/updated edition of the Scarred Lands setting, one compatible with Pathfinder's version of D20?
    Not "going to".

Gauntlet of Spiragos is already available.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X