No announcement yet.

System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MESOS DESIRES TO TRY THE NEW DUNGEONS & DRAGONS EDITION.

Comment

I'm still rather hoping for Pathfinder, but I'd understand if they went for 5e. I've got a weekly Pathfinder game set in the Scarred Lands (Shelzar for the moment, to be specific). It's my absolute favorite fantasy setting.

The only thing I'd like to critique would be the "lesser titan" thing. Who needs Spiragos? Thirteen towering terrifying Titans aren't enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayberry View Post
        I'm still rather hoping for Pathfinder, but I'd understand if they went for 5e. I've got a weekly Pathfinder game set in the Scarred Lands (Shelzar for the moment, to be specific). It's my absolute favorite fantasy setting.

The only thing I'd like to critique would be the "lesser titan" thing. Who needs Spiragos? Thirteen towering terrifying Titans aren't enough?
        Right now we are talking about Pathfinder as a system for sure, the other possibilities are still on the table as well. D&D5th is possible but only after they decide how they are handling third party products. And no, actually, the 13 Titans are so big, and so looming in the setting that I needed to create lesser Titans to kill off. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RichT View Post
          And no, actually, the 13 Titans are so big, and so looming in the setting that I needed to create lesser Titans to kill off. Thanks!
          I appreciate the response! That's a fair reasoning, honestly. I can certainly adjust my head-canon. Any chances a lore-hungry fan could get a little background on these lesser Titans? Spiragos was apparently Kadum's offspring (and underling). Less than Titans, but still not gods. Created long before the Titanswar, I'm assuming. Any information beyond what's available in The Gauntlet of Spiragos would be more than welcome.

Comment

MESOS DOES NOT APPRECIATE ANYONE BRINGING UP HIS... INDISCRETIONS WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE RESULTED IN THE SPAWNING OF PROGENY.

Comment

Please don't continue to post like that MESOS.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
              Posts in this color are moderator posts
              Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
              Forum Terms of Use
              the Contact Us link.

Comment

Personally, I think OP is in an excellent position to produce its own system. D&D is fragmented along at least three axes (5/Pathfinder/OSR games) and the WW/OP style has never been used for any of them. I wouldn't want Storyteller, but a class and level system tuned for Scarred Lands, but functional outside of it.

Writer, Game Designer, Pro since 99.

Thoughts at mobunited.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darksider View Post
                  Please don't continue to post like that MESOS.
                  MESOS ACQUIESCES TO YOUR DESIRE.

Comment

Maybe the Savage Worlds system? Not sure how much they like sharing that with third parties, though.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm View Post
                      Personally, I think OP is in an excellent position to produce its own system. D&D is fragmented along at least three axes (5/Pathfinder/OSR games) and the WW/OP style has never been used for any of them. I wouldn't want Storyteller, but a class and level system tuned for Scarred Lands, but functional outside of it.

I agree with this. I like the work the people at Onyx PAth do, and I think I would prefer their own made system, as opposed to being shackled to Pathfinder (which I play, but has so many flaws I can see) or DnD 5e. 13th Age is a cool system, but I'd prefer it before Pathfinder, and a new system above 13th Age.

My Homebrew
                      Star Wars d10
                      The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
                      Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post

I agree with this. I like the work the people at Onyx PAth do, and I think I would prefer their own made system, as opposed to being shackled to Pathfinder (which I play, but has so many flaws I can see) or DnD 5e. 13th Age is a cool system, but I'd prefer it before Pathfinder, and a new system above 13th Age.
                        Every system has pros and con imho. Some players in my group find 13th age too rules lite, while others grind their teeth at how chess-like combat can get in pathfinder. One of my favourite quotes is one I read in my first edition paperback copy of W:tA. There is one golden rule; there are no rules. I always try and tailor the system to suit our group and work with the players for all of our enjoyment. I do the same with the campaigns I run.

Anything Scarred Lands, no matter which system, can be tailored to suit you and your group

On the path to never 'working' a day in my life

Comment

Count me as pathfinder preferred.

Or systemless with system crunch books like Freeport did

Comment

I would like to see a setting only, with NO rules set attached to it.

Comment

Does Gauntlet of Spiragos indicate that The Onyx Path have decided on Pathfinder? Or is the question of the official system for the new Scarred Lands products still undecided?

David "Big Mac" Shepheard
                              Scarnspace is no longer the crystal sphere it once was. The celestial bodies bear horrible scars where gods felled titans. Many of the monstrous races that were created by the titans and gods during the war still survive in the gouged reaches of wildspace.
                              You can see more of me at the Scarred Lands forum at The Piazza.

Comment

As much as i dont hate 5e i think its a good idea to stick with one system for the most part. My vote is pathfinder due to the fact that its likely to remain unchanged as Paizo is unlikely to radicaly change the game so dramatically that older versions are rendered unusable. Wizards however is content with their cash grabbing each edition. how many times do you need to buy the same monsters over and over again each new edition?

Comment

Working...
                                X