Scarred Lands... My Interest Is Piqued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarred Lands... My Interest Is Piqued

I got my start in RPGs after the heady days of the d20 boom, so I know nothing of this "Scarred Lands" except what I've seen by glancing around here.

In the last hour, I have become intrigued, and I wish to start writing homebrew* set in the Scarred Lands now.

So... um... does anyone have any suggestions of neat little places to start? I'll probably start small (maybe write a few feats, magic items, and such, get a feel for the place) and work my way up, but I am PUMPED!

So... I hear Hollowfaust is nice this time of year?

*I'm stupidly mechanically minded; the best way for me to get a feel for something is for me to write at something until I feel a click.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

The very first hints of the Scarred Lands setting were in the Creature Collection, a d20 book of monsters which predated WotC's own 3e Monster Manual.

It was later rereleased as the Creature Collection Revised for 3.5.

It's as good a start as any. If that doesn't intrigue, you can check out the rest of the Scarred Lands catalog. Hollowfaust is a great setting.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager
    Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Comment

MESOS RECOMMENDS A MOST BLASPHEMOUS TOME CALLED The Divine and the Defeated

...Truly it does grind my gears how good that book was.

Comment

I have something in the off if you're interested amechra? Would be happy to discuss plans together.

On the path to never 'working' a day in my life

Comment

I also have a poll running over at http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewforum.php?f=67 if you would like to check it out. thepiazza hosts a semi-active community for all things Scarred Lands.

Comment

Originally posted by KPLangers View Post
            I also have a poll running over at http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewforum.php?f=67 if you would like to check it out. thepiazza hosts a semi-active community for all things Scarred Lands.
            That is the URL of the Scarred Lands forum over there. Do you have a link to the topic with your poll, KP? I can't see a topic title that looks like a poll.
            Last edited by Big Mac; 04-19-2015, 08:47 AM.

David "Big Mac" Shepheard
            Scarnspace is no longer the crystal sphere it once was. The celestial bodies bear horrible scars where gods felled titans. Many of the monstrous races that were created by the titans and gods during the war still survive in the gouged reaches of wildspace.
            You can see more of me at the Scarred Lands forum at The Piazza.

Comment

Originally posted by amechra View Post
              I got my start in RPGs after the heady days of the d20 boom, so I know nothing of this "Scarred Lands" except what I've seen by glancing around here.

In the last hour, I have become intrigued, and I wish to start writing homebrew* set in the Scarred Lands now.

So... um... does anyone have any suggestions of neat little places to start? I'll probably start small (maybe write a few feats, magic items, and such, get a feel for the place) and work my way up, but I am PUMPED!

So... I hear Hollowfaust is nice this time of year?

*I'm stupidly mechanically minded; the best way for me to get a feel for something is for me to write at something until I feel a click.
              You might want to look back at, what is left of, The Library of Lokil. The Library of Lokil, was a fan-created encyclopedia, hosted by the (former) Scarred Lands fansite, Scarn.com. You can see some other free Scarred Lands resources at the Other Scarred Lands Websites (& Free Downloads) sticky, over at the Scarred Lands forum at The Piazza.

Scarnspace is no longer the crystal sphere it once was. The celestial bodies bear horrible scars where gods felled titans. Many of the monstrous races that were created by the titans and gods during the war still survive in the gouged reaches of wildspace.

Comment

Hey David. I post under kaang on the Piazza, but it's admittedly been some time! The poll ended quite some time ago following a huge response: http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewt...p?f=67&t=12631. Great to see some interest being generated over there though, and thanks for the mention

Comment

Hey David. I post under kaang on the Piazza, but it's admittedly been some time! The poll ended quite some time ago following a huge response: http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewt...p?f=67&t=12631. Great to see some interest being generated over there though, and thanks for the mention
                  Bah! I missed the survey deadline.

That was September, last year, when I was monstrously busy at work for about three months.

I wish I had seen that. I'm one of the Junior Admins over at The Piazza and might have been able to give that topic a plug on the Facebook page and group for The Piazza. (I've been plugging Scarred Lands periodically, since before the bespoke forum at The Piazza got created.)

I didn't realise kaang was you, as you picked two different user names. It is nice to see you again.

Comment

No problem David, I became side-tracked myself with the business of setting up a business, and the forum seemed to settled into silence. Glad to see some activity over there again!

I actually deconstructed a few of my posts out of a fear that I might break submission guidelines for Onyx Path, so a lot of my work disappeared. I also shut down my own little Scarred Lands campaign site for the same reason.

Nice to make your acquaintance again sir! I hadn't realised that there was also an active facebook group connected to the Scarred Lands Piazza; I shall drop by to say hi! Thanks for checking out my own modest page

Comment

No problem David, I became side-tracked myself with the business of setting up a business, and the forum seemed to settled into silence. Glad to see some activity over there again!
                      I've got some topics to catch up on over there, myself.

I actually deconstructed a few of my posts out of a fear that I might break submission guidelines for Onyx Path, so a lot of my work disappeared. I also shut down my own little Scarred Lands campaign site for the same reason.
                      That's a shame, although I can see how people might be able to sell new Scarred Lands stuff for publication now. So it might be better to try to sell stuff and then publish it as fanon, if Onyx Path don't want to use it.

I hope you saved it all, so you can bring it back latter if possible.

Nice to make your acquaintance again sir! I hadn't realised that there was also an active facebook group connected to the Scarred Lands Piazza; I shall drop by to say hi! Thanks for checking out my own modest page
                      The Piazza has forums to try to revive the fandom of more settings than Scarred Lands. The Facebook page for The Piazza (and there is a group for The Piazza too) are there for the entire website. But stories about Scarred Lands get distributed to them both, from time to time.

Comment

I'm seriously considering trying to run Scarred Lands under Pathfinder, which would allow the most revised version of 3.5 and the easiest means of using the old 3.5 compatible materials. I also was going through my stuff and found that I owned a bunch of old Scarred Lands stuff in hard back.

Comment

Working...
                        X