New classes and Scarred Lands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rat_bastard View Post
    Firearms started coming into vogue in the 13th century, The mongols took Baghdad with cannons, grenades and rockets. The tech level of Scarn is and most likely has in the past been more than sufficient for fire arms.
    Maybe for simple black powder weapons but nothing advanced like a cartridge or even a rifled barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
      Maybe for simple black powder weapons but nothing advanced like a cartridge or even a rifled barrel.
      Yup, like I said: Emerging Guns

Emerging Guns: Firearms become more common. They are mass-produced by small guilds, lone gunsmiths, dwarven clans, or maybe even a nation or two—the secret is slipping out, and the occasional rare adventurer uses guns. The baseline gunslinger rules and the prices for ammunition given in this chapter are for this type of campaign. Early firearms are available, but are relatively rare. Adventurers who want to use guns must take the Gunsmithing feat just to make them feasible weapons. Advanced firearms may exist, but only as rare and wondrous items—the stuff of high-level treasure troves.
      In Hornsaw: Forest of blood, Glivid Autel has actual plumbing, in Mithitiril, they have Galleons and many many smiths produce plate armor. Combine that with scarn's alchemy traditions and someone is going to watch an explosion and get an idea.

Comment

Combine that with scarn's alchemy traditions and someone is going to watch an explosion and get an idea.
        That made me laugh :P In fact, after thinking about it, a race for firearms could be quite an interesting idea for a large-scale campaign!

Comment

Originally posted by haaz View Post
          That made me laugh :P In fact, after thinking about it, a race for firearms could be quite an interesting idea for a large-scale campaign!
          I was thinking starting with one faction developing firearms and then a another faction (I'm thinking worshipers of Enkili) aiming to steal said knowledge and spread it.

Sudden development of firearms could conceivably turn the tides in a lot of stalemates.

Personally I like the "Bamf" method where one day guns are just suddenly the new hotness but nobody can remember why.

Comment

Working...
          X