Where was the metaplot headed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was the metaplot headed?

Scarred Lands is my favorite 3x setting, and lately I've been re-reading the books, and I'm curious where, if anywhere, the metaplot was headed before the line was cancelled. Was one or more of the Titans going to break free? Mesos, most likely. Were the gods to going to free one or more to help deal with the growing Slarecian threat? Was nothing gonna happen?

Originally posted by Randaconda View Post
    Scarred Lands is my favorite 3x setting, and lately I've been re-reading the books, and I'm curious where, if anywhere, the metaplot was headed before the line was cancelled. Was one or more of the Titans going to break free? Mesos, most likely. Were the gods to going to free one or more to help deal with the growing Slarecian threat? Was nothing gonna happen?
    Well, i didn't even read the books in coherent enough a manner to say if there was a metaplot for sure in the first place... what makes you think so?
    Beside it being a product of the White Wolf people, that is.

Comment

there is a salrecian thingy going one. several factions trying to resurrect titans. Which said salrecians might be involved in.

Comment

Originally posted by CliffRice View Post
        there is a salrecian thingy going one. several factions trying to resurrect titans. Which said salrecians might be involved in.
        But is there an actual event progression going through the books, with canon resolutions stacking on each other or is it a case of unfolding previously unknown bits of related setting lore showing up? People sometimes get in a habit of mixing both things.

Comment

It's been a long time since I read the Scarred Lands. Wasn't Mesos (the Sorcerer Titan, right?) dead-dead rather than just imprisoned?

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post

It's been a long time since I read the Scarred Lands. Wasn't Mesos (the Sorcerer Titan, right?) dead-dead rather than just imprisoned?
            Now that you spoke of it... yes, it was my overall impression too.

Comment

He was discorporated as i recall. The arcane devourers are collecting his essence to reconstitute him.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post

The arcane devourers were gathering his essence, and in the example timeline in the Slarecian book, him waking up was on there.

Comment

The arcane devourers were gathering his essence, and in the example timeline in the Slarecian book, him waking up was on there.
                  That's interesting, where are the arcane devourers mentioned?

Comment

Creature Collection 2

Comment

Interesting! I did not catch that o.O I just thought he was dead and that the shards of his body was what was giving sorcerers their powers. A story arc about him coming back would be awesome, and a great way to kick off a game, especially if the party is swept up in a minor role in the whole and just kind of gets to sit there and watch in horror as it all happens.

Comment

the meatplot book was echoes of the past. it included mesos' return.

Titan who was actually dead is golthain.

Comment

Is anyone using Pathfinder to run Scarred Lands? I'm itching to do so, this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMonkee View Post
                            Interesting! I did not catch that o.O I just thought he was dead and that the shards of his body was what was giving sorcerers their powers. A story arc about him coming back would be awesome, and a great way to kick off a game, especially if the party is swept up in a minor role in the whole and just kind of gets to sit there and watch in horror as it all happens.
                            The funniest thing would be if Mesos first dealt with those pesky Slarecians before gettin' his revenge on.

Comment

Working...
                            X