Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scarred Lands Kickstarter! (Pathfinder and 5th Edition)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarred Lands Kickstarter! (Pathfinder and 5th Edition)

Update: The Kickstarter is over, but you can still pre-order.

The Kickstarter for a new edition of Scarred Lands is now live!

Born at the advent of 3e, the Scarred Lands fantasy roleplaying setting returns in not just one, but two new forms! More than a decade after the setting was created, we want to share this classic setting with fans of both Pathfinder and 5th Edition by creating two different versions of the core book.

We want to put this new version of the Scarred Lands into the hands of the thousands of players of the original 3e OGL version, but we also want to introduce new players to this large and detailed world. We hope to accomplish this directly to those backing our project and also by funding an offset press print run of the two versions of the book to sell to game stores.
    Last edited by Rose Bailey; 07-26-2016, 12:07 PM.

Rose Bailey
    Onyx Path Development Producer
    Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

I put my money down for a PF copy, looking forward to it.

Comment

OK we just hit $22,523! That means not only do you get the new book with a $45+SH but one free .pdf of any previously published work and we have nearly a month to continue getting bids. Looking really good people!

Comment

I have a worry regarding the 5th edition version of Scarred Lands products, and I'm not sure where to express it to give it best chances of getting noticed by those it would matter if noticed it:

The DCs for skill checks (well, 5th edition calls them ability checks, but that is besides the point) shown in the preview image that shows a sample of the 5th edition layout of Gauntlet of Spiragos aren't correct unless the intent is to have 5th edition characters have less of a chance of succeeding at them than Pathfinder characters would have (since the DCs are the same in both version samples, even though 5th edition characters add almost universally lower modifiers to die rolls).

Hopefully this is just a product of grabbing a sample that happens not to be finished, not an indication that the subtle but important differences between Pathfinder and 5th edition D&D are being overlooked.

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

Just cross posted this in the Paizo forums, can someone get info on this in the 5th edition forums?

Comment

we just passed $27,500 which means anyone who gets the book gets two previous scarred lands pdfs and 7 of the The Wise & The Wicked characters are being updated!

Comment

Is it closed already ? I'd love to finance it, so many wonderfuf memories GMing it back in the days ^^

Comment

Originally posted by JPS View Post
                Is it closed already ? I'd love to finance it, so many wonderfuf memories GMing it back in the days ^^
                You can preorder via BackerKit.

Rose Bailey
                Onyx Path Development Producer
                Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Squee! .pdf drops soon! *begins hitting refresh on email*

Comment

It is actually out there for backers

Comment

Still waiting for the backer kit email.

Comment

You don't need an email (I didn't get one). If you go on the backerkit page and ask to retrieve your survey, you can get the pdf by using the "get download links" button

Comment

I never would have guessed the Ironbred were horse people.

Comment

Originally posted by haaz View Post
                            It is actually out there for backers
                            The 5e one, or just the Pathfinder version?

Any idea when we might get our hands on the 5e one if we buy the preorder pdf?

Comment

Originally posted by CrackedMan View Post
                              The 5e one, or just the Pathfinder version?

Any idea when we might get our hands on the 5e one if we buy the preorder pdf?
                              Just the Pathfinder one is out now.

This is what we were told regarding the fifth edition version. 'Final text for the 5e version of the SLPG is complete and ready for layout, a process that begins immediately. We will go through two proofs of this edition too, and that will require at least four weeks, Sometime around October 1st I'll be able to give you a more specific date to expect your SLPG.'

Comment

Working...
                              X