X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Okay the settings in brief.

D&D is basically a giant multiverse of multiverses.

Within the D&D Multiverse are the Multiverses of the Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Planescape, Spelljammer, Ravenloft, Mysteria, Birthright, Greyhawk, Nentir Vale, Eberron.

With the Forgotten Realms universe are several worlds, the most promient being Toril, but their is also its twin world Abier, and Glyth, Anadia, Coliar, Chandos, Kapri, Garden, H'Catha.

It also has a variety of planes, depending on edition, like the Elemental Chaos, Towers of Night, Brightwater, Gates of the Moon, The House of Knowledge, the House of Nature, Fury's Heart, Warrior's Rest, Avandor, Dragon's Eeyrie, the Shadowfell, the Feywild, ect...

On Toril, the only really serously detailed world, you have the subsetting of Mazatica, Zakahara (setting called Al Qadim), Kara Tur (think Asian counties), Faerun (the main contient, with a variety abd multitidue of races, cultures, city states, and nations), plus a few barely explored contients of Anchrome, Ozze, ect...

Now Pathfinder is a system deprived and expanded upon 3.5 D&D rules, but is owned by another company and does not connect to the D&D multiverse, and its setting is Golaron, a world with its own major contients and races, sharing many with D&D which was its inspiration.

The Scarred Lands is one I'm not that familiar with, but its owned by let another company, originally White Wolf, now Oynx Path, originally using 3.5 D&D rules, but is NOT connected to the D&D Multiverse or Golaron, and it has multiple contients, cultures, and races.

Given the greater focus on Tieflings right in the PHB of 5e D&D, I'd be surprised if they don't work in Tieflings abd Dragonborn in the setting, in 3.5 they weren't core player races, they were monster manuel critters first within the core books.

Leave a comment:

• Jetstream
    replied
    Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Personally, I get confused about the whole D&D and Pathfinder stuff. I'm still unclear if Forgotten Realms, Pathfinder and all that other stuff is part of the same setting, or different worlds of their own.
    Are they owned by the same company?

If no, then they are not connected.

Forgotten Realms is a trademark of Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast. It has no association with Pathfinder, which is a Paizo property. Scarred Lands is owned by Onyx Path and... someone who's name I've forgotten and can't be arsed to look up right this second, and as such is working to make books within both rulesets to, theoretically, increase their market penetration.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

Wha? Worked on that too?

Scarred Lands is a D&D/Pathfinder campaign setting. I don't think any of the Scarred Lands devs work on D&D.

Personally, I get confused about the whole D&D and Pathfinder stuff. I'm still unclear if Forgotten Realms, Pathfinder and all that other stuff is part of the same setting, or different worlds of their own.

Leave a comment:

• Jetstream
    replied
    Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    Ah, so Scarred Lands is part of D&D?

I didn't know these guys worked on that too. Was too lazy to ask!
    Wha? Worked on that too?

Scarred Lands is a D&D/Pathfinder campaign setting. I don't think any of the Scarred Lands devs work on D&D.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Thomas
    replied
    To my knowledge all three are not in the setting. At least not officially. 3.5 SL setting used the three main rulebooks that had the planetouched in them. It has always been "it's your setting include what you will. BUT in the published material they are not.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    Ah, so Scarred Lands is part of D&D?

I didn't know these guys worked on that too. Was too lazy to ask!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X