Cainite Conspiracies: Sand and Dust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cainite Conspiracies: Sand and Dust

As the release of the upcoming*The Cainite Conspiracies*for V20 Dark Ages approaches, we reached out to some of the anthology’s authors to get an inside look at their chapters:

Sand and Dust
    Written by Andrew Peregrine

I knew from the start I wanted to avoid a story about the Nosferatu being ugly or finding beauty. That has been done before. Also, most Nosferatu are all about Obfuscate, so I wanted to focus on something they aren’t so renowned for, and their ability with Potence led me to consider a Nosferatu knight. Could even a Nosferatu find acceptance among the elite if he proved himself, and what would he have to give up to do so?

Originally I wanted to set the story during the Crusades, but the dates didn’t quite work, and Jerusalem was too big. I wanted to tell a smaller tale about a less important place. So that naturally led to the Reconquista and the social and religious melting pot of pre-Spain Iberia. With my main character a Spanish knight, I couldn’t resist a few Don Quixote references. In that story, the ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X