2016 Year in Review: David Hill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Year in Review: David Hill

Most fun project: This is a really hard one, but Changeling: The Lost, Second Edition. I worked on a lot of things I’m very proud of, but Changeling gave me the chance to dig into what I really feel is the core of Chronicles of Darkness. By that, I mean using horror, fantasy, exploration, adventure, investigation, and social interaction to explore ideas about the human condition. To a lot of philosophy, their relationship to pain is the one thing that makes human beings unique. And Changeling is a game about people who were hurt, and who are reacting to that. It’s a way to explore relationships to pain, wrapped up in this really layered, evocative, fantastic tapestry. I particularly enjoy it because it gives you all these great chances to step back, to step away. If the topic gets too deep, you can side track and get lost for a little while in the sheer weirdness of the fae world. It does this great speculative fiction thing where you can ask all these, “what if,” questions about the way the ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X