Fiction Friday: Tales of the Dark Eras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiction Friday: Tales of the Dark Eras

Tales from the Dark Eras contains stories from many of the eras covered in Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras. This week we look at*Dry Spell, a story by Renee Ritchie set in Vampire: The Requiem’s late 16th century.

“For crimes against the state and the pacts of our safety and contaminating the masses upon whom we feed, Abbot Nathaniel Pendleton is hereby condemned to Final Death, to be carried out immediately. Court is adjourned.”

While not the most ideal words to hear upon returning to court, that utterance confrmed that I was, indeed, home, if nearly an hour late. The Ieldra’s voice flled the court chamber as only hers could: placid, but brimming with power, even when bored. The rustle of her heavy velvet skirts along the floor struck my ears more deeply than the Abbot’s shouted protests and the resulting scuffle.

Harald elbowed me brusquely, returning my attention to my more immediate surroundings instead of the presence of the Ieldra. The Haunt grinned at me, his teeth crisscrossing each other in a fght for dominance in his own mouth. “Oi, some fancy ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X