Deviant [Deviant: The Renegades]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deviant [Deviant: The Renegades]

Deviant: The Renegades is in first drafts.

So. New game. What’s*that all about?

We’ve spoken at a few conventions here and there about Deviant, and mentioned it as upcoming in brochures and blog posts. There’s a handful of forum threads picking over the scant details we’ve revealed so far, but as we don’t like to assume that everyone reads the forums (because we know most people don’t!) I thought I’d take the time to formally introduce the game as an inaugural Developer’s blog. This isn’t really “Open Development” – not yet – as the game is nowhere near Development stage. We have a sketched-out design of a game’s skeleton, and my crack team of writers are putting words on its bones. In these early blogs, I’ll talk about the game’s inspirational sources, themes, and some of the broader elements of its design. Then we’ll likely go quiet until the drafts start coming in, and we’ll resume with showing you snippets of the work.

You woke up…different. Someone changed you; on a slab, an operating table, an altar. By luck or by fate, you ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.

Forbidden Gates: How Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Synthetic Biology, Nanotechnology, and Human Enhancement Herald The Dawn Of TechnoDimensional Spiritual Warfare Tom Horn's screed about the perils of transhumanism could be a resource. The book could serve as a guide to the hunter the vigil group after the Deviants Genetic Fundamentalists. Because the Deviants are no longer made in the image of God they are fair game.

Comment

The history channel has a show called The Dark Files about something called the Montauk project. There are also videos on youtube. It sounds like it was made to be a resource for this Deviants project your working on.

Comment

Is it safe to say that Onyx Path are scrapping the bottom of the barrel? There's a limit to how many eldritch abominations, depraved monsters, otherworldly weird stuff and downright what-the-f's you could include in one universe. Should've stopped with Vampire, Mage and Werewolf (okay Changeling was super cool but still...)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post
          Is it safe to say that Onyx Path are scrapping the bottom of the barrel? There's a limit to how many eldritch abominations, depraved monsters, otherworldly weird stuff and downright what-the-f's you could include in one universe. Should've stopped with Vampire, Mage and Werewolf (okay Changeling was super cool but still...)
          Except that whole "Sandbox" thing....

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

I know. Like, who ever even heard of ghosts, Frankenstein's monster, mummies, or demons? They must be desperate.

Comment

You're not... super familiar with gothic horror as a literary genre, are you?

Because cases like Jekyll & Hyde and the Invisible Man are pillars on par with Dracula, and honestly exceeding the Wolfman which was a significant latecomer to the genre thanks to a Hollywood movie more than any given work of literature.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
              X