Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The birth of Dystopia Rising: Evolution, and open call!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The birth of Dystopia Rising: Evolution, and open call!

At Midwinter, Onyx Path revealed that I am the lead developer for Dystopia Rising: Evolution, the next edition of the Dystopia Rising tabletop roleplaying game. For those that don’t know, Dystopia Rising is a post-apocalyptic roleplaying game that quickly grew into a live-action sensation. The DR community is passionate and friendly, and I had a wonderful time talking to many of them at Midwinter about what they love (and don’t love) about the DR universe.

Things are very early in the process — as I write this, I need to gut and rewrite my preliminary outline based on the wonderful feedback and input I got both from Eschaton Media (the licensors) and the DR community. But there are a few things that I can talk about at this early stage.

First, we’ll be using Onyx Path’s Storypath system as the bones of the game. In early discussion, I offered a few options to consider, but we all quickly agreed that Storypath adds some great qualities that will help DR:E stand out as a distinct post-apocalyptic experience.

Second, this won’t be a one-off book. ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X