Appendix P [Realms of Pugmire]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appendix P [Realms of Pugmire]

What better way to start off a column than we an appendix? But it’s a very special appendix. Appendix N.

Okay, okay, hear me out before I have to write “appendix” again. For those that don’t get the reference, the original Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master’s Guide had a series of appendices. The fourteenth(!) appendix was N, and it was titled “Inspirational and Educational Reading.” I believe it was the first such example of indicating related products that can be read or played to inspire another product, and I’ve certainly added inspirational reading sections to both Pugmire and Monarchies of Mau.

But inspiration is a funny thing. It’s not always clear how something inspires you. Further, if you’re working on an ongoing line like Pugmire, things crop up that inspire you long after the initial genesis of the world. People are glad to reference games, books, and movies that I might find interesting. And some of my inspirations aren’t what you’d expect.

I only had so much room in the book — I doubt anyone would appreciate pages and pages of cool ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X