Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with Prince’s Gambit [Vampire: The Masquerade]

Greetings, fellow Kindred!

Matthew Dawkins here. As we’re nearing the release and delivery of Prince’s Gambit, I wanted to give you an update on my experiences playing this rather excellent game. While I wasn’t available for the initial formal playtesting, my gaming groups all wanted a stab at the rules released through the Kickstarter.

Using proxy cards from VTES, and later using the printable cards from the Kickstarter, we first of all attempted to master the core set. Wanting to get to grips with the rules, play through a variety of table compositions, and each find a favoured clan or two upon which to hang our hats, we played several games across multiple gaming nights.

Honestly, it didn’t take long to learn the rules. By the conclusion of our first playthrough, we were comfortable with the simplicity of the mechanics. Not dissimilar to games such as Werewolf and The*Resistance, Prince’s Gambit*relies heavily on a simple system, table talk, fluid play, and a healthy paranoia within the group. Additionally, we were soon identifying our favoured roles: the majority enjoying the abilities of the Ventrue ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X