Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just D&D With Dogs [Realms of Pugmire]

Eddy returns with the latest “Claws & Effect”:

Last post, I talked about the number one question I get about Pugmire (“Can I play as my favorite breed?”). Today, I want to cover the other side — my number one criticism. Time and again I’ll wade into a forum thread or Facebook post about Pugmire, and someone will say “Oh, that’s just D&D with dogs.” And that’s both right and wrong.

Yes, it’s based on the d20 OGL used for 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons. And unlike some OGL-based games, the surface layer (what I call the “output”) looks and acts a lot like 5e D&D. But the mechanics that drive the game (what I call the “engine”) are distinctly different. I tend to call it a “streamlined” version of 5e, but even that’s not entirely right. I’ve spent a lot of time challenging core assumptions, adapting new ideas, and seeing how each piece impacts the others. For example, rather than having a pre-constructed set of abilities, I presented a series of options so players can pick and choose the ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X