Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claws and Effect: Long-Term Play [Realms of Pugmire]

Via Eddy:

As written, Pugmire and Mau chronicles can be reasonably swift. It’s possible to go from a starting character to a retired one in ten game sessions. For some people (like me), that’s a feature — I rarely have time for sprawling weekly epics that last for years and years anymore. Knowing that I can play an entire chronicle from start to finish in a reasonably short time is compelling.

That said, some people do have time for sprawling weekly epics, but are struggling with how to use Pugmire or Mau for such long-term play. The books do provide information on both pacing of levels and how to play beyond level 10, but I have some more thoughts on how you can create epics.

Mini-Advancement with Artifacts

One way is to change the scope of advancements. As Guide, you might award a level only after the end of a series of adventures instead of just one story. Maybe this is the end of a long novel, or a season of a television series. But players like to have new things to play with ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X