Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claws & Effect 10: Chronicle Styles [Realms of Pugmire]

Pugmire adventuring party by Claudio Pozas

In the past in “Claws and Effect” I’ve talked about how humor works in the game*and ideas for long-term play. Plus, both Pugmire and Monarchies of Mau offer advice on how to “hack” a game into a different shape. But I thought this time I’d pull all that together and show you what effect each of those adjustments can have on the style of chronicle you want to run.

Silly
    Yes, Pugmire starts off as light-hearted, but you can amp things up to be explicitly silly.

No Death: The Yosha sidebar on p. 97 of Pugmire talks about ditching saving throws and never letting a character actually die. I would definitely use this for a silly game. However, one wrinkle is that you’d have to give shepherds another basic spell, since “Spare the Dying” would be useless. (I’d probably switch it to a simple “give a character 1 stamina point” spell.)

Faster Pace: In my experience, players work their way past the gags and jokes about 1 to 2 hours in. So cut the session down to that ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X