What to Expect in V5 Chicago by Night [Vampire: The Masquerade]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Expect in V5 Chicago by Night [Vampire: The Masquerade]

Greetings all! Matthew Dawkins here, the developer of Chicago by Night. This has been one hell of a book to shepherd from pitch, to outline, to writing, development, approvals, and now Kickstarter. At 200,000 words (approximately) it’s a big old tome with scores of Kindred, and story hooks, loresheets, and other fun things aplenty.

But before I get ahead of myself, let’s break things down. The contents for Chicago by Night are (as per the outline):

Fiction
    Introduction
    Local Metaplot
    The Lasombra Defection
    City Rules
    Kindred of Chicago
    Coteries
    Clan Lasombra + Their Discipline
    Loresheets
    Chronicle Hooks + The Chicago Chronicle

As I said, there’s a lot in here. One of the objectives I aim for in all of my projects is utility. There should be something usable for a chronicle in every paragraph, and hopefully every sentence. This book contains more hooks, diving-off points, launchpads, and other such silly words and terms for chronicle ideas than any other book I’ve had the pleasure to work on, including possibly Beckett’s Jyhad Diary. You will read through this book and find hundreds of ideas in its many pages.

One of the other aims of ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X