Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitlements [CTL2 Oak, Ash, and Thorn]

Changeling: The Lost 2e art by Mark Kelly

Hello, fellow changelings! Meghan here, to preview for you an excerpt from Oak, Ash, and Thorn, the Changeling 2e companion book.

I wanted to make entitlements the first thing you saw from this book, for a few reasons. One is that we just didn’t have room for entitlements in the core, and I know a lot of fans were eager to see how they would be updated for the new edition. Another is that those updates are pretty significant! And I’d like to talk a little about why that is.

Most changelings belong to a motley, a court, and a freehold. That’s three levels of community, which is a good thing — changelings need community. But for 2e, I felt that an entitlement should be something a little different. Here’s an excerpt from my outline for this project to unpack that idea a bit:

“In 2e, we’re reimagining entitlements somewhat. They’re still noble titles, but they’re also roles you inhabit, and they’re mostly unique. There’s just one Queen of Hearts, and just a few Knights ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X