Claws & Effect: The Lands Beyond [Realms of Pugmire]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claws & Effect: The Lands Beyond [Realms of Pugmire]

As art is rolling in for Pirates of Pugmire, one of the big discussions we’ve been having is about maps. Not whether a map is necessary — I mean, what kind of game about pirates could I make without a cool map? No, the discussion has been about how the various Pugmire maps relate to each other.

See, I didn’t start creating Pugmire with the whole world planned out in my head. I know it’s common for fantasy games these days to have a huge map of intriguingly-named areas, but I didn’t want to do that. There are a few reasons for this.

First, I wanted to explore the world as I was creating it. If I have everything set in stone, I find I get bored with just filling in the gaps later on. So I learned a lot about Pugmire when I was writing the first book. That’s why, if you look at the area map in the Pugmire book, there’s an area labelled “Cats?” on the far-right side: I figured I wanted to put the Monarchies of Mau on ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X