Claws & Effect: The Monarchies’ Callings [Realms of Pugmire]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claws & Effect: The Monarchies’ Callings [Realms of Pugmire]

Last time, I talked a bit about my reasoning and intent behind the design of the Pugmire callings. Now I want to talk a bit about doing the same for Monarchies of Mau.

Since it was a companion game, I knew the callings had to be equivalent yet distinct. In other words, they needed to feel like they were cool and interesting to play in their own right, but they could also fill roughly equivalent roles that Pugmire callings do.

It was a tricky balance, and honestly, I didn’t do a great job when the book originally went to Kickstarter. A few people pointed out that some of the callings were actually quite similar. I knew I wanted to hire a full team to write Mau (instead of writing most of it myself, like I did for Pugmire), and that observation reinforced that it was a good instinct to have. (Get it? Instinct? Because Mau? I’ll see myself out.)

That said, even when working with Matthew Dawkins on the updates callings, I still have a good idea what I wanted to see, to ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X