Claws & Effect: Pirate Callings [Realms of Pugmire]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claws & Effect: Pirate Callings [Realms of Pugmire]

In the third part of this essay series, I wanted to talk a little about the design decisions that went into the Pirates of Pugmire callings.

This was an interesting challenge, because I had a new set of conditions I needed to fulfill. Specifically, I needed two dog-specific callings, two cat-specific callings, and one calling each for lizards and birds. Early on I made it easier for characters to share those callings, but that was still my initial design idea.

This time, though, I also gave more room to the writer (who was Dixie Cochran), so it was even more of a team effort than the Mau callings.

Crusader (dog; Charisma and Constitution). In my tweaking of the Guardian calling in Pugmire, I realized that I never really got a chance to do a proper “paladin” calling. So this was a chance to do that, with a dash of Spanish conquistador tossed in.Gundog (dog; Constitution and Dexterity). When I knew I needed two gun-wielding callings, this one was pretty easy. I mean, gundogs are a thing, so the name pretty much sells the ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X