Addressing Two Recent Concerns.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addressing Two Recent Concerns.

In the past couple of days, statements have been issued on social media describing incidents of unacceptable behavior that are connected to Onyx Path Publishing.

Before going into detail, and what we are going to do about them, we want to start with this simple idea that is at the forefront of our thoughts and feelings:

Women have a right to be safe and secure, and to have full participation in the cultures and communities that they create and work in.

First, yesterday a statement was made concerning Matt McElroy, Operations Manager here at Onyx Path, that includes episodes of harassment and grooming. We are taking this statement extremely seriously and have instituted the following changes as we look further into the situation:

Matt McElroy has been suspended from his duties and role at Onyx Path Publishing as we review the information we are receiving. We have also informed Matt McElroy that starting as soon as possible, he must attend sensitivity training with the intention of reviewing and modifying his behavior.In addition, because the person who issued the statement attempted to reach ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.

Thank you for addressing this

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Will Onyx Path be addressing the complaints about predatory behavior of the host of the VTM25 podcast who has appeared on an Onyx Path live play?

You've been playing around the magic that is black
      But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
        Will Onyx Path be addressing the complaints about predatory behavior of the host of the VTM25 podcast who has appeared on an Onyx Path live play?
        I'm not familiar with the podcast or with the accusations, but is there a reason Onyx Path should? Is this person an employee or a freelancer?

They can't be responsible for every person in the industry, or make comment on them all, other than the very simple and direct statement made above regards the right of every woman to work without being harassed.

Comment

Foozle I don’t know anything about the substance of what happened with this person or even their gender, but in general I agree with what you said. I also think it’s really cool that even though you’ve only commented 6 times in 4 years you chose to comment on this issue. (Not being snarky at all.)

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Foozle View Post

I'm not familiar with the podcast or with the accusations, but is there a reason Onyx Path should? Is this person an employee or a freelancer?

They can't be responsible for every person in the industry, or make comment on them all, other than the very simple and direct statement made above regards the right of every woman to work without being harassed.

They can agree not to do live play with this individual and therefore not enable someone who is known for harassment.

"I am a prophet. I bring chaos and unrest to the foolish and wicked. I am no fit prince for Cainites, and I am no fit shepherd for the souls of men."

Comment

Anatole true.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
                Erh. Wait, what? Is there any context for this?
                Or is it one of those cases where complaints have been swept under the rug?

Comment

Originally posted by Growls View Post

Erh. Wait, what? Is there any context for this?
                  Or is it one of those cases where complaints have been swept under the rug?
                  https://www.reddit.com/r/WhiteWolfRP...is_an_abusive/

You've been playing around the magic that is black
                  But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

I just read the Reddit. This is horrible.

Comment

But I’m not sure there’s a lot OPP can do about it other than not deal with the guy who runs the game.

Comment

That being said, I’m really sorry this happened to the person. If that had been my first experience with V:tM I never would’ve gone back.

Comment

I wonder if this is why Nate and Bob ended their association.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                            I wonder if this is why Nate and Bob ended their association.
                            They did? I didn't know that

Comment

https://utilitymuffinlabs.com/the-bl...-going-forward

Hello all,

First, I want to thank everyone for their support for almost four years of 25 Years of Vampire: the Masquerade podcast. I have loved every episode, conversation, and new person I’ve met and interacted with.

Platitudes and pleasantries aside, I don’t want to belabor the point. Due to a multitude of persona reasons, VTM25 will be going on hiatus until further notice. I
                              will no longer be hosting or producing the podcast, nor will I be contributing to the associated Patreon.
                              During this hiatus, I will transfer the production reigns over to Bob. How he chooses to move forward is up to him, 100%. He will take over the podcast, Patreon, and all things associated with “25 Years of Vampire: the Masquerade – a Retrospective Podcast.”

While this process is worked out, episodes of VTM25 will remain available on the Utility Muffin Labs website. Details regarding future episodes will be provided on social media when they are available. My apologies to folks who are disappointed by this news. It is not my intent to let any of you down. I hope Bob continues to provide material that listeners enjoy in the future, whether alone or with a new host. If you wish to continue to support the podcast, you may do so through the previously established channels.

Thank you for all the love and support you have sent my way over these last three and a half years. It has been a joy contributing to the community during good times and bad times. I hope to continue making new friends and having positive interactions with fellow community members in the future. Thank you all for your understanding,

Nathan

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
                              X